When your overland vehicle is your daily driver

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

RichieFromBoston

Rank VI

Advocate I

Nahant Ma.
Member #

DSCN5482.JPG DSCN5489.JPG DJI_0020_Moment.jpg DSCN7653.JPG DSCN5929.JPG Well then lets see your daily driven overland vehicle.
1st pic metal masher
2nd flat iron mesa
3rd devils pass N.H.
4th lynn beach Ma.
5th ouray colorado
Heres mine many of you have seen it or heard of it. I was a jeep guy for a long time and Mikes fj80 is why I ended up with this as my daily. Shes fully loaded out rear drawers fridge invertor dual batteries RTT supercharger shes rollin on 37 mud grapplers, a 6in lift king shocks dobinsons springs whiteline sway and the interior is all up to date comms, nav etc etc etc Oh and she is triple locked. . and it has been to MOAB ouray telluride more than a half dozen times and shes drives there does hells gate kane creek imogene etc and drives home, well actually I drive. . runs like a top. and all work is done by me in my driveway.

Last edited:

Lindenwood

Rank VI

Advocate II

Ft Walton Beach, Fl
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
McDonald
Member #

I suppose I'll play!
2002 4runner SR5. 33s, armor, drawers, fold-out bed, fridge, and 15mpg. Most all the preventative MX has been done amd she has always run well. I have a few more moderate upgrades to do like sound system, but the next major thing is TrueTrac lockers. 20180908_082024.jpg

Last edited:

Cdaug

Rank II

Traveler I

Austin, TX
Member #

I've got a 2013 Toyota Tacoma (Prerunner, SR5, only 2WD). Daily driver, taken it on a few 3000+ mile trips to Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Gunnison, Colo Springs, Great Sand Dunes. Just enough room in the camper shell for me, girlfriend, and the pup. I really like the camper shell compared to an RTT (so does the wallet).

Prinsu Designs roof rack (put it on after most of the pics)
Maxtrax
ARE camper shell
DIY drawers, plywood up on wheel wells with under bed storage drawers for gear

Next up are dual battery, awning mount, aftermarket rear locker, and better drawers.IMG_2768.jpegIMG_1267.jpeg20171002_193612.jpegIMG_20181006_194752.jpeg

T.Shack

Rank VI
Benefactor

Advocate III

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

Build thread on the Dakota?
It
Sadly It will be a rather slow one. The camper shell(truck cap) & then the racks I put on. I will reinstall the Thule rack & get pictures on my next days off I will be needing it for hauling some lumber home. Mods to the wife's Chicken coop. Lol next item on the truck will be overload shocks on the back new front shock with probably a 1.5" level kit. Then a reciver hitch. I will keep up on it. Thanks for asking.

T.Shack

Rank VI
Benefactor

Advocate III

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

I thought we all daily drove our overland vehicles? LOL

Richie is a beast for driving that monster every day.

Mine is like overland lite. Everything is quick and easy to remove so I can load things like our new CalKing mattress I have to pick up tomorrow. :)
It is a pretty rig!

Reactions: JCWages