Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Hear, hear, @James Deaton! Good for you for making this point.

Far too many folks, especially new to traveling and camping back country with their vehicles, get way too hung up on just crawling, intentionally getting stuck, and continually running their vehicles through extreme off-road activities.

Nothing wrong at all with understanding your vehicle's limits and learning what you need to do to get unstuck, but the activities that help you do both are not the primary goal of traveling and camping, as far as I'm concerned.

I have no desire to test my vehicle to the limits over and over, continually putting it at risk, just for the sake of doing it. I'd much rather be running the roads and going somewhere, meeting the locals, learning their culture and how they do things, and gaining a better understanding of the place I'm traveling through before I head on to the next place.

spot on. That's why we prefer to and are able to go out alone. I simply don't push myself or my vehicle.

Reactions: Road

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Against my better advice, my son-in-law bought one of those Trail Hawks a few years ago. It had the same factory options as yours. He drove it for 9 months, cut his losses and traded it in on a 4Runner "Trail". I think you reached the point you asked about as soon as you realized that no amount of modifications were going to make the vehicle something it was not. And, quite frankly it is not a truck. Doing what you are doing tells me that you will not be happy until you get into a "body on frame" vehicle. It is a shame that Jeep marketing has bamboozled the public with their "trail rated" badge. This vehicle is way less capable than the Subaru. You should sell it asap, run away and never look back.
They really did. I’m on a cherokee forum and everyone has the same things to say. Everyone’s getting rid of them and getting Tacoma’s, 4runners and wranglers