Whats one item you cant camp without?

• HTML tutorial

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Anybody thats been camping or overlanding for a while has a good idea of their packing list and necessary items involved.

What I want to know is the one item thats definitely not necessary but you always bring.

Mine would probably be a frisbee or a little string of lights to brighten up camp

Whats yours?

Reactions: Jaycee

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
The bluetooth speaker is a great thing to have. I love music and it helps me relax around camp. A book/magazine/comic is also usually stashed in my pack as well. Hanging out in a hammock (see what I did there) and reading it super relaxing for me.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Booze is definitely a good one. Liquor takes up less space too. We enjoy the Eno hammock to relax in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Whiskey and cigars. They count as one thing for me, they go together like Chinese food and chocolate pudding. (ever been to a Chinese buffet that didn’t have chocolate pudding?)

Reactions: MOAK and Kent R

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

When camping with my wife, we've gotta have the ingredients for smores.

When camping with my friends, it's hard to bring enough alcohol.

When I camp solo, I can't imagine not bringing a camera. You've got to be able to capture the things you want to show everyone when you get back - like when you walk through and area and see a snake...

So you calmly extricate yourself from the area, then look back from a higher vantage point...

I've since educated myself a bit more about the area. I couldn't do so at the time, as there's no cell service in the area, which is part of what makes camping there so nice. Turns out water moccasins don't really like the Appalachian Mountains and these were non-venomous northern water snakes.

Last edited:

miguel_fzj80

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Arevalo
Member #

IMG_6227.JPG
The cámara is a must have for me. Camping is about friends and family got to capture those Kodak moments! The rest is secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Ditch

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Beer!
No Coffee!
No Water!
No Food!
No my camp chair!
No my 12 flashlights (Not kidding)
NO NO NO - MY TRAILER because it has all of this stuff and more. It's as easy as hook up and go!