• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

This popped up in my youtube play list today. Action starts at :

Not sure if Casey is a member here. If so please chime in with more details.

How would you handle being in this situation?

Boort
Pretty much the same....he's a cool headed guy who did it right. Tried putting it out with extinguisher. Stayed by so he didn't start a wildland fire. Camped, got picked up and came back an towed it out. True trooper...filmed it and shared it as a learning tool for others instead of being embarrassed. Kudos to him for doing a great job of keeping cool. I would've roasted some marshmallows for s'mores myself but that's just me. :sunglasses:

S

SubeeBen

Pretty much the same....he's a cool headed guy who did it right. Tried putting it out with extinguisher. Stayed by so he didn't start a wildland fire. Camped, got picked up and came back an towed it out. True trooper...filmed it and shared it as a learning tool for others instead of being embarrassed. Kudos to him for doing a great job of keeping cool. I would've roasted some marshmallows for s'mores myself but that's just me. :sunglasses:
S’mores might have tasted a bit weird with burning tires & paint. Ha ha just had to comment on that

Reactions: Chadlyb

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I watched this last week. What a total bummer. I like Coyote Works videos. I agree with @Chadlyb , he did exactly what he should have done. I'm sure once he got home and started really thinking about it he was pretty bummed about the whole thing. He's had some great memories in that Jeep, but I'm sure he'll have plenty more!

I still haven't seen where he's said exactly what caused it, or even if they ever found out.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Hadn’t heard of this guy until this weekend when the video popped up in my YouTube playlist. I think he did a bang up job of being cool headed though.

He even had the presence of mind to NOT use all of his water trying to put out the fire. That point in particular impressed me. That would have been a very easy mistake to make in the heat of the moment.

I did wonder why he had a rifle, shotgun, and 3 pistols with him. Seemed a bit excessive. But that’s an aside, I’m sure he has a good reason for making that choice.

Also noticed in a follow up video that he mentioned Free Spirit RTT manufacturer reached out to him and is giving him a replacement tent for free. I thought that was very cool. In the YouTube world, this guy doesn’t have THAT many subscribers, seemed like there was some legit generosity behind an offer like that from a manufacturer. Always like seeing when a company goes above and beyond to be generous and caring for their customers.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hadn’t heard of this guy until this weekend when the video popped up in my YouTube playlist. I think he did a bang up job of being cool headed though.

He even had the presence of mind to NOT use all of his water trying to put out the fire. That point in particular impressed me. That would have been a very easy mistake to make in the heat of the moment.

I did wonder why he had a rifle, shotgun, and 3 pistols with him. Seemed a bit excessive. But that’s an aside, I’m sure he has a good reason for making that choice.

Also noticed in a follow up video that he mentioned Free Spirit RTT manufacturer reached out to him and is giving him a replacement tent for free. I thought that was very cool. In the YouTube world, this guy doesn’t have THAT many subscribers, seemed like there was some legit generosity behind an offer like that from a manufacturer. Always like seeing when a company goes above and beyond to be generous and caring for their customers.
I agree Ben. He's a smart dude, very level headed.

He shoots a lot in his videos, hence the reason for his guns.

And I didn't see that from FSR yet....that is just awesome!

S

SubeeBen

Just a thought in my dealings with jku’s could have been a lemon & it was a love hate . Never thought about this but I would have done the same thing with my 2016 Jku. Inseead of dealing with Chrysler & attorneys but still bought a new 2017 as I loooove jeeps. Just my 2 cents.