Launch Member

Contributor I

Sonoma County
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Stanford
Member #

I have been looking into going from my 4Runner to a truck and either getting a camper or just a new build with a larger tent. The 4Runner has been great but I have 3 kids and a dog and we are tight on space if we are going someplace for more than 3 days. Has anyone sold their rig set up as is or is it better to piece it out? Thanks

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
That's a hard question to answer. It depends on what it is and what the parts are. Winch, bumpers, tires, rims, sure.
Drive line? only if its something rare. If the vehicle doesn't run then, yes part out. You also need to be the one who takes it apart.
Personally, not worth my time.
Pull the accessories off you want to switch over to the new vehicle and sell it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I have been looking into going from my 4Runner to a truck and either getting a camper or just a new build with a larger tent. The 4Runner has been great but I have 3 kids and a dog and we are tight on space if we are going someplace for more than 3 days. Has anyone sold their rig set up as is or is it better to piece it out? Thanks
I'd sell it as is to someone who is looking for a reasonably priced rig that is ready to go, if it is. Dont look to get out of it what you have in it. It's kinda like owning a house with a swimming pool. You buy it for your enjoyment but dont expect it to increase the value of the property. Next best thing is to keep it for yourself when you want to go solo or with just one or two others if you have enough room on your property to keep it and can afford to go that route.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I've owned my M-100 trailer for a long time. Small light trailer, add in some larger off road tires and you have a spot for all your gear. It was a must for multi day trips in my CJ7 with 4 people. Later when everyone was grown, I added an RTT to it and made it a camping trailer to pull behind my TJ.

Heres a very old picture of my setup from the 80's. The photograph was a bit faded when I scanned it.
CJ7 and Trailer.jpg