Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Not knocking Jeeps... though after years of smaller vehicles for cross-country expeditions lasting months, I'm at Stage 4 so I can haul more:

org_0434-900.jpg
Stowing gear, getting ready to roll.
qman_3271-900.jpeg

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

My silverado is about stage 2 but im trying to buy a jeep so i can be stage6 and no worry about anything

Reactions: Trailbuilt Offroad

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’ve owned quite a few Jeep’s over the years from stage 1-5, the. I learned that Jeep stands for Just-Empty-Every-Picket and have since gotten off the band wagon. If I can’t build it, it doesn’t belong on my rig.

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
My Willys is stage 5-6 and done. It's able to do anything I want to do so now I spend money on maintenance, gas and tires so I can go explore.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Stage 2, but you probably wouldn't see my personal stage 3-4 in a picture like this...

And not really interested in 5 or whatever under current circumstances.

Reactions: Trailbuilt Offroad

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Can it be considered a "stage" anything if it never sees dirt or was never intended for dirt? Do we put those into another category? Do race vehicles get a "stage" number or are they whatever is the highest number? If I add a turbo, does that raise me to stage 4? If I have a factory turbo or suspension (TRD Off-Road) am I automatically stage 4 without modding?

If you ever want to see a fun reaction, go to a track or a pit and ask what stage clutch or suspension they run on their race vehicle. Mostly you just get a head shake and they walk away.

EricnSD

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Ericson
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

I just bought a jeep that is almost stage 3. Was a demo unit off the lot so had a lot of stuff already done, like 35" tires (2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon v6). Going to put a 3.5" lift on it I think, air bags in the back for when I tow. I've never taken a trail yet, definitely jumping in with both feet!

Thinking about a light bar, winch, and compressor while it's in getting the lift. Until I make it out I'll have the most under utilized stage 3 jeep on these boards :P Somebody tell Spring to hurry up!

Is there a name for rigs that are all geared up but still a virgin for the dirt?

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Land Rover Discovery II Owner Stage 6

View attachment 188797
Reminds me of something I was told by Gary Hooker: At one point you could order a Mopar muscle car with a set of Hooker Headers. They came in the trunk--because that was the only place they would fit. Gary explained that Mopar's tolerances for engine mounting in those days were multiple inches plus or minus. Made for all sorts of unhappy customers.

Reactions: rgallant

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
If you ever looked under the hood of the 440 Barracuda it was pretty tight, my Olds with 455 was pretty tight too.

The engine back there was a spare I bought for parts 500.00 CDN for engine and tranny, the stuff I sold off pretty much paid for it. Brought it home in the back of the Disco.