What kind of camp desserts/treats do you make while camping?

• HTML tutorial

NW Adventure & Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Service Branch
Army - Former
Many of us have kids that come along on our trips and we like to make something special for them to enjoy around the camp fire.
We stumbled across a neat simple treat, that we like to call Smore-Eo's. It's simple take your favorite Smore and add a marshmallow to the center and BOOM a new quick treat that the kids love.
What treats or desserts do you like to bring or make while out on the trail?

KRGibbs

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Belmont, CA
Member #

those croissant pastries in a can+marshmellow+brown sugar+cinnamon, make little dumplings out of them, make a little aluminum foil oven to put next to the fire, or make individual foil pouches for them put next to campfire until cooked.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Smores are the favorite at our campsite. I swear my Wifes eyeballs roll to the back of her head when she eats them. I make sure I keep the marshmellos in an sealed container because of their strong smell not to attract the critters.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@NW Adventure & Overland
Many of us have kids that come along on our trips and we like to make something special for them to enjoy around the camp fire.
We stumbled across a neat simple treat, that we like to call Smore-Eo's. It's simple take your favorite Smore and add a marshmallow to the center and BOOM a new quick treat that the kids love.
What treats or desserts do you like to bring or make while out on the trail?
While camping in NJ one year got the chance to pick wild Blueberries, Made Blueberry Hand pies. Best Dessert I've ever had camping.
You'll need about 2-3 cups of berries depending on number of people.
Loaf of white "wonder" bread
Butter
Lemons
Sugar or honey (to taste depending on sweetness of berries)
Thick Aluminum foil

Squeeze a lemon, extract the pulp into the juice, remove seeds
sample berries for sweetness
add sugar / honey to lemon juice pulp, mix till dissolved.
toss berries in juice mix

pull out a square of foil
butter one side of a slice of bread. put it butter side down on the foil
fill center of bread with berry mix leaving about 1/2" an inch around the edges
butter 2nd slice of bread, place on top butter side up Pinch all around the edges of the bread to seal it up into a pocket.
wrap up the foil and toss in coals for 5-10 mins depending on heat of fire turn over if needed.
remove and cool
eat warm

Boort