What is your favorite nonessential rig add-on?

• HTML tutorial

Lepik

Rank II

Advocate II

Colorado
So this is soooo basic it is crazy. But on our last camping trip last week we put a bungee cord from the front passenger headrest to the rear passenger headrest and put two rolls of toilet paper and two rolls of paper towels with some rubber bands holding them from unrolling while driving. It was so nice to have easy access to these two things when camping or if a kid got a bloody nose or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

So this is soooo basic it is crazy. But on our last camping trip last week we put a bungee cord from the front passenger headrest to the rear passenger headrest and put two rolls of toilet paper and two rolls of paper towels with some rubber bands holding them from unrolling while driving. It was so nice to have easy access to these two things when camping or if a kid got a bloody nose or something.

Great idea and clever!

Reactions: Lepik

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Yes! That's definitely a pro move. We do something similar in the back of our jeep where I tend to do most of the cooking and food prep. Always handy to have paper towels and extra light right there20180712_145252.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using OB Talk mobile app

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV

Wow simply great!

RedRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Sonora, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
I suppose in this era a phone mount might not be considered “non-essential,” but of all the stuff I’ve done to my rig this is the one that somehow makes me feel the most like Joe Cool.

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Mine is the custom fabricated dash-over RAM mount bar. It’s super functional and uses the grab handle screw holes on the windshield pillars for my attachment points. I have been able to mount 2 RAM swivel cup holders, my SPOD lighting/battery management mini-tablet, iPhone, iPad, GoPro Camera and Magellan Trail GPS with room for airbag deployment! It’s an awesome feature and really cleaned up the messy cable nest. Also, super stable off road...no wiggle at all!IMG_3606.JPG

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Mine is the custom fabricated dash-over RAM mount bar. It’s super functional and uses the grab handle screw holes on the windshield pillars for my attachment points. I have been able to mount 2 RAM swivel cup holders, my SPOD lighting/battery management mini-tablet, iPhone, iPad, GoPro Camera and Magellan Trail GPS with room for airbag deployment! It’s an awesome feature and really cleaned up the messy cable nest. Also, super stable off road...no wiggle at all!View attachment 64819

Do you have a build thread? Drawings? Anything? LOL I love that idea......
I dont see any made for my particular Jeep so it would have to be fab also.....

Looks great!

Jim