What is your all time favorite band?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

darjo242

Rank V

Influencer II

Show low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7HLL
I like so many different types of music. As long as it's not country, and not modern rap/hip-hop, then I probably listen to it.

I grew up in the late 80s, and learned to play guitar in the late 80s, so hairmetal and thrash metal are where my heart really lies.

Current favs though:
Faith No More
Garbage
Depeche Mode
In Flames
Rammstein
Recoil
Combichrist
Now that's quite the selection!! Recoil and Combichrist...love them!! Hell, love the whole list.

Ironbird

Rank 0
Tacoma, WA.
Member #

Alot of older metal but Metallica is by far my favorite, throughout their whole 37 year catalog..... except St. Anger...that was horrible!
I finally got to see them live when they came to Seattle a couple summers ago, total bucket list goal completed!!

Reactions: TerryD

Lunch Box

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Way back in the previous century I got to see Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin along with Country Joe and the fish at the Filmore in SF it was very cool. not too bad a show! So now I just keep whistling them while I work.
You realize you're dating yourself with that comment, right? Millennials will be so triggered....

Reactions: Ironbird

greydog

Rank IV

Contributor III

Albuquerque, New Mexcio
Member #

Ham Callsign
KA5KLX
Yes I do but you know the older I get the more I think dang music was better back then. But every once in a while I hear something that makes me re-think that. It was kinda weird since the pot smoke was so thick by the end of the show you couldn'r see the stage from the balcony. Had to pull an all nighter to get my mom's car back home to New Mexico. SHHH dont tell anyone !!

Reactions: Lunch Box

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
In my youth I was a huge ToTo fan. They are still making music today. Well what is left of them anyway. Still filling the stadiums especially in Europe.

After Toto I found I really began to like Anberlin. Saw them in concert finally in 2015 after many years trying and shortly after they disbanded....

Currently liking a band from Athens, Grease called Innerwish. They had disbanded, but came back with a new singer and drummer. I think they are better now.

bmwguru

Rank V

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Mine has always been and always will be ZZ Top, there's just something about the music Dusty Hill, Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard make that appeals to me (and the fact that they've kept going since 1969).
ZZ Top was the first concert I saw! It was the After Burner tour IIRC. That being said my all time fav is AC/DC!

Reactions: Joey83

sabjku

Rank VI
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
B
Member #

AC/DC, if I had to pick one band. It's always been difficult for any band to come up with a truly unique sound, one that is easily recognizable in any of their songs, throughout any time in their career, and in my opinion I think AC/DC pulled that off better than almost any band in history. But maybe I'm just biased:)

theorangekl

Rank V

Traveler III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2RMS
For me. Only the brutally heavy stuff will tickle my fancy

Five finger death punch
Fit for a king
For today
Slipknot
After the burial
Of mice and men
Parkway drive

Sometimes I’ll venture off with some softer music from bands like:
Stone sour
Breaking Benjamin
Old school linkin park

Favorite song right now:

Last edited:

theorangekl

Rank V

Traveler III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2RMS
I have a favorite band but here are a bunch that I love as well:

-10 Years, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Killswitch Engage (Howard Jones era is the best), Memphis May Fire, Bullet For My Valentine, Asking Alexandria, We Came As Romans, Hands Like Houses, Young Lions, Of Mice & Men (new stuff is good but the band isn't the same without Carlille), Starset, Nothing More, and All That Remains.

However my favorite band hands down is Parkway Drive. I can start with Killing With A Smile and listen straight through to IRE without skipping a song. Can't wait till May 4th when their new album drops.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
Been listening to them for years and years!