Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

If there is one food that defines the vision of "camping" food what would you say it is? This week I posted my video on the food that I think fits the bill. Let's see what everyone thinks is the definitive image of camping food!

KezDanielle

Rank III

Pathfinder II

Mobile, AL, USA
First Name
Kesley
Last Name
Underwood
Member #

I don’t mess around when it comes to food. My favorite meal to summon up after getting settled in is country fried steak and mashed potatoes smothered in gravy, I don’t know what it is about it but its the best thing I‘ve come up with. Something about shaking the steak up in seasoned flour then hearing it sizzle on the flat top. Mhm too good.

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

It goes by a lot of names but Hunters Breakfast is what we call it. Diced potatoes fried with chopped sausages until hot and brown. Break in some eggs, salt and pepper and stir it all together, then last minute throw in some cheese and toss until melted. Top with your sauce of choice and serve with lots of hot, rich coffee. A real "stick to your ribs" way to start the day.

gjkoenig

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger III

NJ, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Koenig
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UQW
Any time my wife and I went camping, it was always Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper for lunch and a steak cooked over the campfire with baked potato for dinner.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Shahn

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
We almost always do some sort of protein, steak, chops or smoked sausages with green beans and potatoes in cast iron pan. Hearty and hot before bed time. Sleep like a bear.