What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

the last kiddo is out of the house and in college, so the wife got a dog...
now my "last thing to buy" is an apparently endless list of items to support a canine while traveling and camping.
lose a kid and gain a dog...both want to eat all the time, neither can mow a yard or take out the trash, and neither one listens to me. not sure what the objective was...
Try having both at the same time....and throw in a cat who thinks he runs the house. :screamcat:
Yeah, two teens, two cats, and a dog here. . . I still give 'em all hell about cleaning up after themselves, not sneaking out at every chance, staying off the counters (I'll leave it up to you to decide who gets on the counters), and overall having respect that others use the same common spaces.

It's maddening at times.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Got a nice new Blue Sea 12 circuit sub panel for adding the same style solar and deep cycle system to my van as I've had in my trailer for years. Can be used for 24hr circuits, if need be.

Pays to keep an eye on prices, as this dropped in price by almost ten bucks so I grabbed one, and has already gone back up by four bucks overnight, though still lower than they usually have it and definitely lower than other places like the big box stores or West Marine (which I've found, at least here on the Maine coast, often has the best price on items I'm after).

bluesea-12.jpg

Sometimes I think they do that because I have it in my cart "save for later" for ages without purchasing. If enough have it in their cart or wish list, the algorithms nudge the price around to tempt folks. When it drops sufficiently, I'll grab whatever. Saw the price on a nice warm-weather shirt I'd been eyeing drop by half once, so snapped it up.

Now I wish they'd do that with some of the heavy duty crimping tools I'd like to have.

Sjo527

Rank V
Expedition
Adventure

Explorer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham Callsign
KE8TDZ
I bought a new portable firepit (Popup firepit) and a new backpacking/minimalist chair. Next up will be one of a few options: the final 2 spot lights for my roof rack, ARB Linx setup for full air system and fridge control or I'll be finally ordering a new hybrid bumper.

Roots66

SouthWest Region Member Rep Texas

Member III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF / FEMA CERT
Going to visit my eldest in Houston this long weekend for his birthday, so I got the Houston City Pass. Plan to visit the Space Center, Downtown Aquarium, Museum of Natural Science, Zoo, and Kemah Boardwalk for one low price.

WilC

Rank IV

Influencer II

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

Nhoverland.com aux battery, redarc bcdc1225 & Switch-Pro 9100 mount for Ram 2500

Antigravity Batteries 60Ah Automotive Lithium and 100Ah Deep cycle V1 Lithium batteries.

Current discount code from Overland Expo for Antigravity Batteries is overland25 & overland15.

You can use both if you have 2 different items in cart.

Not sure how long codes will last. Was told 2 weeks after expo. I used them tonight.

lhoffm4

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Last thing was a Den-Dry anti-condensation matt for under the rtt mattress, and some spare parts for the All-In-one diesel heater. All were preventatives. Don’t want mold in my tent and don’t want mechanical failures in my gear that I cannot fix in the field. As simple as they are, these CDHs, like lanterns and stoves or any thing else, could require some field-fixin. Last thing I need/want is a “cold woman” in my tent. She might resist my urge-to-merge if she’s trying to stay warm...

Willys Yella Jeep

Rank III
Adventure

Pathfinder II

Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
First Name
Willy
Last Name
Sommer
Member #

Ham Callsign
KF0CEO
Service Branch
Army
Jetboil Genesis II and Solo Fireplace. Tried the Jetboil this past weekend and it was the bees knees. Still waiting to give the portable Fireplace a try and see if it’s a candidate for camp
I have the half gen and it is fantastic. Lemme know how the fireplace goes