What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

lhoffm4

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Just ordered a diesel heater for the rtt. Been racking the brain on how to heat the sleeping area with heat that won’t deplete a battery overnight or cause condensation. Hopefully this will do it. My Son got one last year for his camp trailer and raves about it. My truck is a diesel, so I carry extra fuel already. It makes sense. At $120, it’s potentially a cheaper way to extend the camp season... It comes in next week.

cug

Rank 0

Contributor III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Guido
Last Name
GNE
Okay, got some orders in ... stuff to arrive in the next few days:
  • GMRS radio to be installed in the rig
  • Molle panels for the rear side windows
  • ARB diff breather
  • Redarc brake controller (this has been sitting here for a while, will install this weekend)
  • New cast iron pan ... ;-)
This weekend I'm also going to measure and plan a rear drawer set, build mainly from aluminium extrusions. Still debating though. I'll plan it, calculate the weight and decide whether I actually want to do it. Will have to see. I might just stick to boxes in the car and do the rest with the trailer. Undecided.

lhoffm4

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Just bought awning tarp material for my 180 degree awning and shower stall. Will be putting them together this weekend (Labor Day) while everyone else is getting their “last camp out for the year in”.

my diesel heater should arrive this next week, so the trailer should be ready for a trip the week after next.

TNoutdoors

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Tennessee, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
ODell
Member #

Just ordered a diesel heater for the rtt. Been racking the brain on how to heat the sleeping area with heat that won’t deplete a battery overnight or cause condensation. Hopefully this will do it. My Son got one last year for his camp trailer and raves about it. My truck is a diesel, so I carry extra fuel already. It makes sense. At $120, it’s potentially a cheaper way to extend the camp season... It comes in next week.
Which heater do you purchase? Been thinking about getting one.

ZombieCat

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Bought a new exped sleeping pad for me (cheapo from Amazon ruptured on the last trip. And bought a 0 degree for the wife so she can join me in the cold temps again.
Excellent choice! I’ve been using an ExPed Downmat UL Winter for the last few years when tent camping and backpacking. Quality mats, if a bit pricey, that hold up if you treat them well.

Reactions: Shahn Brown

grubworm

Rank V

Member III

Thibodaux, LA, USA
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Ham Callsign
WRMA515
Service Branch
USN-Submarines
the last kiddo is out of the house and in college, so the wife got a dog...
now my "last thing to buy" is an apparently endless list of items to support a canine while traveling and camping.
lose a kid and gain a dog...both want to eat all the time, neither can mow a yard or take out the trash, and neither one listens to me. not sure what the objective was...

Attachments

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Last things I've purchased for adventuring are two different kinds of portable water filters. One great, one not-so-great (see below, or more of a full review in the Wisdom From the River thread).

Great:
first-need-elite-XL_8449n-900.jpeg
First Need Elite XLE Water Purification System; not just great, but simply the best portable system I've seen or used with the best tasting and absolutely cleanest water.

I used both extensively on a five day canoe-camping river trip just recently in the Canadian/Maine boundary waters.

first-need-elite-XL_8069n-900n.jpeg

Not so great:
life-saver-bottle-filter_8455n-900n.jpeg
LifeStraw Universal water bottle filter adapter kit from Cabela's

More complete review on the Wisdom From the River thread

Smileyshaun

Rank V

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Last things I've purchased for adventuring are two different kinds of portable water filters. One great, one not-so-great (see below, or more of a full review in the Wisdom From the River thread).

Great:
View attachment 211236
First Need Elite XLE Water Purification System; not just great, but simply the best portable system I've seen or used with the best tasting and absolutely cleanest water.

I used both extensively on a five day canoe-camping river trip just recently in the Canadian/Maine boundary waters.

View attachment 211244

Not so great:
View attachment 211240
LifeStraw Universal water bottle filter adapter kit from Cabela's

More complete review on the Wisdom From the River thread

I love my platypus gravity feed water filter set up it’s nice just to fill a bag and hang it and let it do it’s thing