What do you do for a living?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

ScubaSteve2507

Rank III

Traveler I

Lemoore, CA
Member #

Very cool, thank you for your service. Always wondered how fun it would have been to go that route vs the civilian route that I took. Probably less student loans lol... at least there is the Hornet for DCS that helps scratch the itch on days away from flying.
What do you fly?

ScubaSteve2507

Rank III

Traveler I

Lemoore, CA
Member #

Currently I fly a citation for an insurance company. Am very fortunate to have been selected for this slot as openings come about every 25 - 30 years when people retire it seems. Spent most my aviation career between freight and charter jobs and with any luck this will be my last job as I'm 36 now.
That’s awesome! Seems like those gigs are always good since everyone stays until the retire.

Reactions: flyingnome

flyingnome

Rank V

Traveler I

Boise, ID
Member #

That’s awesome! Seems like those gigs are always good since everyone stays until the retire.
Exactly... I worked 6 days last month and 4 this month so far and am off till the 26th. They have had airplanes as a staple of their company since the 1950s. So for a flying job, I am incredibly lucky.

Only do mach .71 though at FL410 in our current plane... so there are downsides. I did the air combat usa program a few years ago in Fullerton. Some of the best money I've ever spent dogfighting over the water.

ScubaSteve2507

Rank III

Traveler I

Lemoore, CA
Member #

Exactly... I worked 6 days last month and 4 this month so far and am off till the 26th. They have had airplanes as a staple of their company since the 1950s. So for a flying job, I am incredibly lucky.

Only do mach .71 though at FL410 in our current plane... so there are downsides. I did the air combat usa program a few years ago in Fullerton. Some of the best money I've ever spent dogfighting over the water.
Hook me up! Those hours seem great. I have heard that air combat program is pretty sweet.

Asuarez_673

Rank II

Contributor II

Virginia Beach, VA
First Name
Alexis
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

I am Active Duty US Navy. Currently Deployed to 5th Fleet (Red Sea mostly). I am a MK160 (5 inch Gun) and a CIWS (Close In Weapon System) technician, so I own and operate both my guns, as well as maintain and train with anything from a 50 cal and smaller. Planning on transitioning out of the navy in the next year and working for law enforcement.

OperationContingency

Rank I

Traveler I

Morganton, NC
Member #

I hear horror stories about the 17, how do you like it?
I'm I'm a 135 gac troop so I pretty much do nothing and I hate it lol trying to get into the CE world

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
My unit just went through a conversion from 130's to 17's. my whole career has been 130s, that hardly ever broke. Three months with 17s and we've got a few that are already hardbroke.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Hafaday

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

A guy in my squadron was a prior deputy sheriff for 4 years.
Not to butt in... My older sister (first duty station) was with VA-122, NAS Lemoore. (Disbanded since 91) She was out there in the late 80's. I spent damn near a year out there (after high school) seeing how the Navy worked, Only to come back home to Virginia and Join the Army two weeks later. Ha haaa.

The things we do.?.

Edit: forgot to add..

All Units had their t-shirts.. theirs (Primarily A7’s) at the time were “We might be ugly, but we’re HUNG WELL”.

Last edited: