What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Ok. Is time to post ...What did you do with your Rig Today? ( Credit of this thread goes to Mud forum...you know where ) It could be... washed it, went wheeling, maintenance, fix, add accessories, Mods, etc.
Just post it here. you can post as many times as you want. I know title says today, post it even if it was last week, last month, last year... just do it!

Today...80 selfie :-0

Not today...breakfast ...Fishing trip/camping. love cooking on the outdoors.

Frisly

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Working on the Van. Should have a Pop up roof soon. As the roof is bought second hand, and actually it was for a flat roof, I had to make some adjustments.
Now the end is near. With a little luck I can paint the roof this week and make it nice and ready to be mounted on the van.
Cutting it.

The first test. Almost there.

Closing the hole in the middle

using some older material to fill it up.

Almost done

Today sanding and last layer, then the outside is done. Going to work on the inside.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

today I just painted the first and second layer of primer onto the pop up roof.
So that needs drying some time. Then the first black paint on it. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyway, as I was in painting mode, I took of the pushbar of the Frontera, as it was a bit rusty.

So, just a lick of hammerite and it looks way better. After our trip to Wales it will be powder coated. So then it is done for a while.
So with some protector (tectyl) spray I did the under layer.

And then with hammerite the other parts.

Tonight, when its dried up, I turn it again and finish the front. So tomorrow I can mount it again and that is done then. After that the Roof Rack of the Frontera needs a lick of Hammerite as well. (same story, poweder coating is on its way)

Thats it for today.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Put on a new basket rack, then ordered two Scepter jerries, a new set of ratchet straps, and a Super Siphon. I also bought a can to replenish the freon in the AC, as after 162k miles, it's not blowing cold. apologies to the easterners, but it'll be 80 this weekend and I may need to cool down

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I didn't do much but I ordered some parts. An in dash Navigation radio for daily driving and I Ordered larger brakes for the rig. My F150 already had good brakes but I had to replace a rotor so I decided to jump in with both feet, lol.

The upgraded brakes are from the Ford Expedition. I should have waited because I've been trying convince myself on doing a 7 lug conversion from the stock 5lug. The 7lug would basically be all the same IFS up front except having 7 lugs but the rear upgrades to the larger 10.25" rear end vs. the stock 9.75. I've been told the 9.75 is probably better but I've already been the victim of sheered off lugs in a car, I would hate to see it happen in a truck on the trail.

Any opinions of 5 lug vs. 7?

E

expeditionnorth

hope it wasnt too bad

Had to replace my waterpump last fall, when my son had everything apart I had him do both hoses, give it a flush & the belts while he was right there

he also powerwashed all the crude from the radiator, amazing what it picked up from water crossings  & dirt roads etc

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

5755 said:
OK! This weekend I did the Pesky Heater Hose repair on my FZJ80! It was a bit of a pain, but now I can offer good advice for anyone attempting the repair! There is a video coming soon! M
I looked at mine and it looks good. I called my Toyota parts guy and ordered it!!! Hey you never know..

the video will be very helpful...... I see that new hardware on the DS fender...... Nice!  :-0

Frisly

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Today I used my rig for Forest Service trail clean up day. People in the area hunt beer bottles in a few spots. ( ferocious beasts, those bottles!)  A local high school water polo team helped out and I packed out all the trash on my rack. So, now I think I need a bigger rack...you know, for the good of the world? A Gobi stealth perhaps? ...Maybe a new OME suspension kit install and a new ARB bumper and I could really make a difference in the world!

Note OB love on the truck. As for the very very steep hill...no, I didn't even come close to making it 20'.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Actually it is not only today, but the last week. Busy with the roof of my van. Iam building a pop up roof on that one. (man gets old)

So, this is the picture report;

The first cut is the deepest.

Well, tomorrow the tent fabric and that should be done then.

Greetings from Robert

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
6324 said:
Today I used my rig for Forest Service trail clean up day...Note OB love on the truck. As for the very very steep hill…no, I didn’t even come close to making it 20′.
I love this - hey - I think you need a couple more inches of lift and some BFGKM2's to better assist in trail cleanup! It's a good cause. The only right thing to do! :wink:

Looks like a great trip, and warms my heart to see you flying the OB colors!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
6331 said:
Hello folks, Actually it is not only today, but the last week. Busy with the roof of my van. Iam building a pop up roof on that one. (man gets old) So, this is the picture report;  The first cut is the deepest. Well, tomorrow the tent fabric and that should be done then. Greetings from Robert
Robert, I am continually impressed. Your skills are mad! Good work. I cant wait to see how it turns out!

M

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

That is a very nice Rack you have there Wilson.

Well, Iam not that far. Need to fix first the pop up roof first. Which I hope to fix tomorrow. If so, shopping for the roof rack on wednessday and start woring on that the rest of the week.

Here the last pictures of the day.

Inside look, not ready yet.

The van looks horrible now, but, hey, way more space and I can stand in it.
Greetings from Robert

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Robert-

Thank you sir, it was actually fit for our Mini Countryman so it looks a bit small up there but the kayaks fit perfectly in it and that's what its used for more times than not.

A much less industrious project then you are undertaking, looks good sir.

Cheers!