What Did You Do With Your Rig Today? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

RoarinRow

Rank V

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS
Replaced my older phone mount with a Qi wireless charger mount from Pro Clip. The previous mount was limiting how big a phone I could mount. Each year or couple years my phone has only gotten bigger/taller.

Also replaced my license plate holder attached to my Wilco hitch tire carrier. Didn’t like the LED bulbs/bolts I had previously. This has the LED light built into frame. Feels more solid of an install.

04C5B748-2F46-481F-A010-F1AEE5D955EC.jpeg

6090BAFE-6DB2-4A90-A967-64A7B21D369F.jpeg

0DE948EC-831A-42DD-8AE3-7FA696AFCC21.jpeg

508355BA-65E0-4133-BE86-AEC56292BC8D.jpeg

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
That looks cool. Where i live were not allowed to tint the front side windows. But that looks sharp. I like it.
Thanks! This window tint percentage is illegal here where I live near San Francisco, but I’ve had all my vehicles tinted without any hassle from law enforcement. This particular tint is 5% but legal tint allowed here is 70% on the front windows. If I do get pulled over it’s a “fix-it” ticket and a small fine.

Downs

Rank V

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Installed a twin stick kit in the CJ5. JB Customs. Initially I only had 2wd, 4wd HI, 2wd Lo, but was locked out of 4 low. A call to their customer service people and they explained that on some of the short clocked twin stick shifters the factory mount would be slightly taller than others and the shifter channels would run out of travel before the interlock pills would clear for 4low. 20 minutes later I had it fixed after pulling the shifters and using the die grinder to elongate the channels a little bit. Threw it all back together and have a great slop free t-case shifter. The overly complex single stick linkage is waiting to go in the scrap pile.

mface7

Rank V
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Replaced fog light HIDs to LEDs. Thought I had a problem with the ballast. Got LEDs then Googled my problem. Turned out to be a popped fused so I pulled out HID fog kit for nothing. Oh well LED bulbs in amber still looks good just doesn’t have the power output (I think) of HIDs.

View attachment 217164
counting the days until my incandescent bulbs burn out so I can change out to LEDs without feeling overly wasteful...

Reactions: Shahn

mface7

Rank V
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I'm very wasteful lol. I'm sure I already have some LED bulbs around, was just too lazy to find them.
I probably would just not have been able to find them, bought new ones, installed them, and then found the ones I already had, then put those away somewhere "safe" so I'd remember, and then repeated the process a few years down the road.

RoarinRow

Rank V

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS
I probably would just not have been able to find them, bought new ones, installed them, and then found the ones I already had, then put those away somewhere "safe" so I'd remember, and then repeated the process a few years down the road.
Haha I too have many 'safe' places lol.

El-Dracho

Mid Europe Member Rep Germany
Expedition
Supporter

World Traveler II

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham Callsign
DO3BE
Haha I too have many 'safe' places lol.
Ha ha, I know the problem too well. A few years ago, the following happened to me. I needed a riveting pliers while working on the Landy. Yes well, I have one. But not found at that moment. So I bought a new one. Immediately afterwards, the other one appeared again, of course. So I had two. And then a few weeks later the same game. I didn't find either of them, so bought another one. Now you know why I have three riveting pliers... yes, the "safe" places.

• Haha
Reactions: Shahn and RoarinRow

mface7

Rank V
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Ha ha, I know the problem too well. A few years ago, the following happened to me. I needed a riveting pliers while working on the Landy. Yes well, I have one. But not found at that moment. So I bought a new one. Immediately afterwards, the other one appeared again, of course. So I had two. And then a few weeks later the same game. I didn't find either of them, so bought another one. Now you know why I have three riveting pliers... yes, the "safe" places.
My father has a similar problem, which explains how my brother and I come by some of the tools we own...Dad ends up with 3 and then gives us one each. hell, I've ended up with 2 chainsaws because he can't find the other ones.

• Haha
Reactions: Shahn and RoarinRow

Bward76

Rank I

Enthusiast I

CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ward
I put a new winch on my Sierra. I waited for a while for the RC hidden winch and they finally came out (about a year ago). Very well built and not too bad to install. There is some cutting and drilling to do but it can be done with a cutoff wheel if that’s all you have access to. I’m very pleased with the outcome. One other note is that the supplied bolts for the fair lead is not long enough. You’ll need M12x1.75x80 to bolt it on. Fun to find 9EA8D261-571F-470F-81A1-681B67C69180.jpeg7D7D496F-D794-447F-AE15-B1D8793543A0.jpeg out on the last step.12EA5887-7863-4F71-9B0E-B6C1F51BFA38.jpeg

Last edited:

DaJudge

Rank II
Adventure

Enthusiast I

New Mexico
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Judge
Member #

Installed a PSC steering box. Considering I have been using it offroad since I got (bigger tires, lifted, etc); I figure i did pretty good getting 16 years out of the OEM one. (20 if you count the street driving it did before I bought it.
No pics, it's a steering box!