Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lynden, WA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Moore
Member #

What for? I have an Alaskan Gold 8D AGM that has 240 amp hours. But it weighs 161 lbs and costs around $700.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I searched for 100ah AGM battery on Amazon and came up with this, seems to be several in the $200-$300 range.

Thomas B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clara, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUK
I'm currently running this 100 AH battery. X2Power Premium AGM Dual Purpose (Starting/Cycling) Battery for Deep Cycle BCI Group 31M Marine and Boat - SLI31AGMDPM at Batteries Plus Bulbs

It was installed by the previous owner and here is a detailed write-up of his experience. The battery has been in use now for a little over 3 years with no issues at all and I have quite a number of accessories attached to it. It is my one and only battery, no dual-battery setup needed. Highly recommend if you can fit it in your vehicle.

RoyB

Rank IV

Contributor II

Boston
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Bertalotto
I recently bought this 100Ah AGM battery from Amazon for $159. Been using it extensively the last month or so. So far, so good. Can’t beat the price

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I noticed some of these batteries don't show CCA. A good dual purpose starting/deep cycle battery needs to have good CCA rating to turn over a truck engine. So far the X2Power one has that, not sure about some of the others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B

Thomas B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clara, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUK
I noticed some of these batteries don't show CCA. A good dual purpose starting/deep cycle battery needs to have good CCA rating to turn over a truck engine. So far the X2Power one has that, not sure about some of th
Yes. The X2 has 1150 CCA!! Starts my truck with no hesitation!

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I am also running the X2. My first one failed after 2 years. It would no longer hold a charge. 5 year warranty and received a new one. New one might also be having issues but I haven't had time to test it. I need to do a good charge on it and leave it disconnected for a while to see if it holds the charge. Hard to do when it is in your daily driver. Otherwise I have been pretty happy with the battery. You pay up front for the good warranty but it is there if you need it.

Reactions: Viking1204

trailhunter

Rank III

Traveler I

US
I am also running the X2. My first one failed after 2 years. It would no longer hold a charge. 5 year warranty and received a new one. New one might also be having issues but I haven't had time to test it. I need to do a good charge on it and leave it disconnected for a while to see if it holds the charge. Hard to do when it is in your daily driver. Otherwise I have been pretty happy with the battery. You pay up front for the good warranty but it is there if you need it.
Ouch.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
My 5 year old Sears Diehard AGM 75ah truck battery died this morning, we got down to 31 or 32 and the truck wouldn't start. I've been noticing the battery getting weaker while starting for some time and 5 years for a battery is pretty good. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the X2 to replace my current battery, just have to go down to the truck and see if it will fit, pretty sure it will fit in an F-150, current battery is pretty big.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I have all of my non-Toyota stuff on a dedicated fuseblock with a cutoff switch. All of it has been turned off for a couple of days and they battery seems to be holding a charge. So that's good news. Bad news I have to figure out what it draining the battery. Grrrr.

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well I decided to get the 27M to be sure it fit in the opening I have for my current Group 65 battery, pretty sure it will. It's 8 pounds lighter too so hopefully the battery box will hold up! At 930 CCA and 90ah it's an improvement over my previous Diehard that had 775 CCA and 75ah!

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

Well I decided to get the 27M to be sure it fit in the opening I have for my current Group 65 battery, pretty sure it will. It's 8 pounds lighter too so hopefully the battery box will hold up! At 930 CCA and 90ah it's an improvement over my previous Diehard that had 775 CCA and 75ah!

Im looking at the North Star NSB-AGM48/L3 for my 18' Titan. But if I could squeeze in a larger battery that would be ideal. haven't sold myself on doing dual battery setup yet. its a daily struggle.