Launch Member

Influencer I

Long Island, Ny
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Rom
Member #

hey OB! i have a question about wharton state forest in new jersey, i would like to go and ride the trails for a day or so, was wondering if anyone has some info on it? as price to get in to the trail? im from NY so i figure it might double a little , i was also going to camp there as well, any information is more then appreciated thank you in advance

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Pretty easy to get lost. Even the regular fire roads can be a mess or blocked by a tree. If you start at the Astion Ranger Station there's a map you can get. I wouldn't go alone. It's very big and your only road out could mean crossing a couple of feet of water or turning around. My group on FB (which I'm not allowed to post) does rides there every couple of weeks or so.

Louie559

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Long Island, Ny
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Rom
Member #

Pretty easy to get lost. Even the regular fire roads can be a mess or blocked by a tree. If you start at the Astion Ranger Station there's a map you can get. I wouldn't go alone. It's very big and your only road out could mean crossing a couple of feet of water or turning around. My group on FB (which I'm not allowed to post) does rides there every couple of weeks or so.
good idea, yeah i would have at least one more truck or so , thanks for the info

Ventsan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lumberton, NJ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2OZA
Old thread, but I am in Wharton pretty much every weekend. There are maps available on line of the allowed roads. They are very strict about knowing what roads you have to be on, and it can be easy to wander off. There are also several ghost towns in the forest, which are always fun to explore.

If you are ever down here, hit me up, I would be happy to show you around.

Reactions: Louie559

Louie559

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Long Island, Ny
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Rom
Member #

Old thread, but I am in Wharton pretty much every weekend. There are maps available on line of the allowed roads. They are very strict about knowing what roads you have to be on, and it can be easy to wander off. There are also several ghost towns in the forest, which are always fun to explore.

If you are ever down here, hit me up, I would be happy to show you around.
awesome thanks for the info, when i do get around to going there i will hit you up thanks!

Reactions: Ventsan