Enthusiast III

Luxembourg
First Name
John
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hey,

Posting some photos of my western alps trip with overland_bubba #15446 and my dogs.
Not everything went as I planned. Especially the planned wild camping locations close to bunkers from the Maginot line caused some problems.
Often the tracks leading to the locations were inaccessible or forbidden to vehicles.
I also forgot about the "Tour de France".
It's way lead straight though my plans.
We had to bypass it by a detour through Italy, over the Col de la Lombarde (2350m). I really enjoyed the detour because it took us through a beautiful, wild and untouched nature.
Actually we did have lots of fun.20190725_192122.jpgDSC04793.JPGDSC04785.JPGDSC04772.JPGDSC04761.JPGDSC04738.JPG20190725_142923.jpg20190725_192122.jpgDSC04736-1.jpg

Last edited:

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
Your dogs are beautiful! Is Europe pretty well covered in dirt roads? I always imagine there being ancient paths all over the place (being that the US is still a fairly "new" land) that have all sorts of awesome history to them. You have a picture there and it appears to have a street sign out in the middle of nowhere? Is that how back country routes are marked in Europe?

John Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Luxembourg
First Name
John
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Your dogs are beautiful! Is Europe pretty well covered in dirt roads? I always imagine there being ancient paths all over the place (being that the US is still a fairly "new" land) that have all sorts of awesome history to them. You have a picture there and it appears to have a street sign out in the middle of nowhere? Is that how back country routes are marked in Europe?
Thank you.

Most of the dirt roads are forbidden to cars (at least in my region). But fortunately there are still some exceptions.
US is less restrictive than Europe by far.

The "road sign" on the photo belongs to a ski run. :wink:

Reactions: Ashton