Berkshire County, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
Landon
Last Name
Marchant
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey y'all, I'm just trying to figure out how to even get my bearings here.

I'm based on Western MA where there's not much (any) public land for overlanding. Two of my dearest friends are adult students and graduating this spring, and I want to take them on an adventure before they go back to full time work. One has expressed a desire to watch the sunrise from the side of a mountain. If we were back in CO, this would be no problem.

Green Mt National Forest starts literally a few miles from my door, but I haven't yet discovered sites with mountain sunrises - I've stuck to the southern portion since I can get to a few sites fairly quickly, and be home in time for work the next morning. Thinking I need to look into NH, but am totally unfamiliar with the area.

Any advice? Recommendations? Areas to research? Bonus if they're by good fly fishing rivers so I can lose some flies.

I'll be driving in the three of us + food/water, tents, etc., and we're probably taking a long weekend. Would prefer to have a quiet drive in since neither of them would be any help if things went south.

Vehicle Specs:

I've done Fins n Things and Top of the World, plus mountain trails and campsites out in CO/UT/MT.

2012 JKU Sahara, stock suspension, all terrain tires.
Winch and recovery gear, SpotX, undercarriage armor, barricade bars + Rubicon rails.
Have traction boards, air compressor, deflator, essential hand tools, etc.