Stem, NC
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4WCJ
The wife and I have wanted to do more travel and camping for a long time. We have been drooling over the Black Series HQ line for 2 years or so.... Though the weight and price pushed us back a bit.

We ended up deciding that the Dominator would do what we needed, and allow us to go deeper into trails anyhow. And... Worst case... We sell it and upgrade later.

Though we have only tested setup and taken a test drive so far we are pretty excited!

Attachments

RAMXPLR

Rank V

Explorer I

Carlsbad, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lochow
Member #

The wife and I have wanted to do more travel and camping for a long time. We have been drooling over the Black Series HQ line for 2 years or so.... Though the weight and price pushed us back a bit.

We ended up deciding that the Dominator would do what we needed, and allow us to go deeper into trails anyhow. And... Worst case... We sell it and upgrade later.

Though we have only tested setup and taken a test drive so far we are pretty excited!

That is one cool trailer- congrats!

Aaron Parker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Stem, NC
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4WCJ

That is one cool trailer- congrats!
Just need to figure out what has to be packed in it, and where. I think I figured out the function and systems on it.

We have spent all last night and half of today talking with family. They are all trying to jump in on a remote beach trip with us. Lol! Might end up being an epic family gathering.

Thanks for the compliment!

• Love
Reactions: k9sar and M Rose

Maedge

Rank III

Member III

Washington, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Etheredge
Member #

Very, cool congratulations! I’ve been looking at overland style trailers all year, but like you said price is definitely a factor in the decision. Looked at the dominator series for awhile - hope you share your experiences with it soon!

DaveInCO

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Thornton, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Orth
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Setup isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. That said - the first four times were learning experiences and now we have a system and are done with the camper in ~20 minutes after leveling it.
61954650044__986A5447-9B78-44DD-9ED1-CD2C5C930483.jpg
I set it up myself (with beverage and dog chasing breaks) in 45 minutes.
62094374868__397CE008-22C5-4F83-B97B-18209FC4A89E.jpg
We only used a huge pop-up canopy out front this year, instead of the front awning, mostly because we had it and didn't want to use more storage space inside for the awning and poles. Next year we are using the awning now that we have a storage system worked out.
I put a 6' length of sewer (green pvc) pipe (with locking cap) on the "boat" rack for poles. And will be moving the smoker/grill and pop-up to a cargo hitch rack on the very back instead of the "boat" rack. We cutdown on the extra crap we were taking and not using. I made the main door removable when folded so we can put things in easier.

IMG_0485.jpg

Reactions: k9sar

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I just transitioned to full-timing, so I went with the HQ17. Love it!!!
Wow, that´s a nice trailer.
Quite big and not for the small tracks, that is clear. But it seems to have enough ground clearance for driving some tracks and easy off-road. I guess, it is definitely a great basecamp, especially if you are full-time overlander.
I like to learn more about that trailer. Do you have any link or so, where I can find more infromation about it, please? Thanks!

DaveInCO

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Thornton, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Orth
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Wow, that´s a nice trailer.
Quite big and not for the small tracks, that is clear. But it seems to have enough ground clearance for driving some tracks and easy off-road. I guess, it is definitely a great basecamp, especially if you are full-time overlander.
I like to learn more about that trailer. Do you have any link or so, where I can find more infromation about it, please? Thanks!
Black Series Camper | Camping is better Off Road | Pop-Up Campers | Expedition trailer or the Australian website is: Buy Australian Off Road Camper Trailers Sales, New Small Family Offroad Tents and Touring Caravans For Sale in Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC and Brisbane QLD

Reactions: k9sar and El-Dracho