Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Looks like a fun trail. If you're using a GoPro you may want to put it on a selfie stick for those water crossings. I think the drivers were enjoying trying to splash you. lol

Reactions: OverlandTrax

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I know I'm digging up an old thread, but we plan to make this trip at the end of the month. Any information as to how much traffic you saw along the trail? Which direction (to/from the dunes) would you advise as best? Also, do you happen to know about how busy/noisy the campsites are along the way? They seem pretty close to the road. Thanks.

OverlandTrax

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Colorado
Member #

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but we plan to make this trip at the end of the month. Any information as to how much traffic you saw along the trail? Which direction (to/from the dunes) would you advise as best? Also, do you happen to know about how busy/noisy the campsites are along the way? They seem pretty close to the road. Thanks.
I'd head south from the north end of the trial personally. Most of the campsites are just off the trail on the southern end, there are few spots which are set back of the trial a little which should be quieter and less dusty as you get closer to the dunes. I'd recommend looking for a campspot along the northern end of the trail, the closer you get to the top of the pass its also cooler :sunglasses: Safe travels!

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I'd head south from the north end of the trial personally. Most of the campsites are just off the trail on the southern end, there are few spots which are set back of the trial a little which should be quieter and less dusty as you get closer to the dunes. I'd recommend looking for a campspot along the northern end of the trail, the closer you get to the top of the pass its also cooler :sunglasses: Safe travels!
Thanks. That the way I was thinking. Get on from 559 and head to the dunes, grab a spot somewhat early on.