I'll be heading to my parents house in central Oregon on Friday the 2nd, what's the plan for when/where we are meeting up on the 5th? Just trying to figure out when I need to leave from there.
So, we will meet at A&J Market at 8:00am Monday morning. I have a hotel in the area to save time. If you need to get ice, food or other supplies, please arrive early as I want to hit the trails at 8:30am after a quick intro and drivers meeting.I'll be heading to my parents house in central Oregon on Friday the 2nd, what's the plan for when/where we are meeting up on the 5th? Just trying to figure out when I need to leave from there.
I feel you there, haven't been flying, but renovation of my back yard, I've done more on the rig in the last two weekends than I've done in a year. Added recovery points, new exhaust, tablet mount, dechromed the exterior (I hate chrome ) swapped to the lower profile hitch, removed front sway, change fluids.... I decided to put my RTT on, wasn't sure if it would work with the factory rack, it does and is still under the factory rack rating! Still need to pack up everything. Taking a half day Friday to get done last minute errands done and then drive down to Terrebonne.It seems that no matter how far in advance I plan something, and work hard to get ready, I never feel like I have everything done. Then at the last things pop up.
I am getting on a flight to Miami, and I think my truck needs a new battery. It was acting up this weekend, but no time to fix it. Looks like I will fix it Saturday.
So far I have flown 100,00 mile in the last 6 months. Time has not been in my favor.
I look forward to meeting everyone Monday morning (5th), I will be tuned into GMRS 15 and CB 15 if you need to reach me that morning.
Damn sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed thoughWe may not make it out now. We had some upset issues at work and I’ve been 13 hour days the last 3 weeks. While that is done now, pretty sure boss is requiring we make up lost time on base business. Will know more towards end of week.
Damn sorry, that sucks.Well, crap. Just got off the phone with the shop that is rebuilding the leaking front Icon struts on my 2016 4RNR. I dropped off the struts last week in strong hope that they'd have them done in time. Not gonna be the case since the strut housing on the driver side is vertically scored and not rebuild-able (if that's a word). Long story short, it'll be next week before I see them again so I'm not gonna be able to go with you guys. I'll be about a week behind you and I'll travel about 3 days of the BDR by myself. Have fun, everyone! Next year, maybe? Pete Williams.
Ole, I feel you are somehow picking on my trailer that I can sleep in being too big for the WABDR :)Sounds like a great trip! Had lots of fun on the one last year, made to all the way to Nighthawk!
A few lessons learned last year:
- Trip starts the night before if you're not local/near Stevenson
- Might hit snow on the first section, be prepared to pull some rigs back out
- Fuel won't be a problem as long as you gas up every time you have the chance to do so
- If your trailer is big enough to sleep inside it will be a challenge. Definitely would not have made it on section 1 last year due to snow, will also recommend taking the bypass heading north from Bethel Ridge if you're pulling a larger trailer.
- Smaller trailers, think WW2 military style/size will be no problem
- Met a couple of large rocks on a ledge road on section 4. JLU was able to get through, not sure if a full size pick up would have made it. Also, no place to turn around at that spot...
- Every section has bypass options, no shame in taking it. Just make sure there's an agreed upon plan for meeting up again.
- A piece of 4x4 can be used in place of a broken leaf spring!
- Some of the driving days can be long...
- GMRS channel 15 is a repeater channel that can be heard on Bethel Ridge
- Make sure someone brings a chain saw! We had them & used them last year.
- Not many dispersed camping options past the Methow valley. Plan on official camp sites beyond this point
Here's what the rocks looked like at 47°52'06.4"N 120°19'31.7"W
View attachment 196194