WANT vs NEED

• HTML tutorial

ILLFOZZ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego
Member #

I'm a believer in having something and not needing it versus needing it and not having it. (Pick one or more of the following)

What is 1 part or tool that you've:

1) Needed and wished you had
2) Had and never needed
3) Needed and actually had on hand

Reactions: Roam_CO85

Bairleafarm

Rank 0

Traveler I

Lots of wants. I make do with what I have. I think max tracks would have come in handy on more than one occasion.

2) Had and never needed
First aid kit

Chainsaw

Reactions: Catdog

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

This is a good question!

1.) needed and wished I had
The same size spare as your daily drivers.

Made that mistake once. At the time couldn’t afford a fifth tire and was like these are brand new tires ill be fine.. so now its always five before four! Never make that mistake twice!

2.) had but not needed
Daily EDC CHC and a med kit.

3.) had and actually needed

Tire chains. Lil extra weight. But mud or snow it works

RedRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Sonora, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
1) Chainsaw. Although “need” is a strong word. Couldn’t go forward and really wished I could have.

2) Half the crap I carry and intend to continue carrying. PLB, trauma kit, fire extinguisher, gun, spare parts, etc. etc.

3) HiLift. I think the only way out (This one time, at band camp...) was lifting the tires and putting rocks under them, and the HiLift was the only way that was happening.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

1) tire repair kit, my son used it and never put it back. 2) hi lift jack, 1 on my 03 Rubicon and 2 on f350. 3) trauma kit and satellite phone in northern Montana when a father and daughter rolled there truck in January, 3 foot of snow.

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

1- more armor. Tried taking the family to a spot but couldn’t get there bc the trail got too gnar.
2- fire extinguisher and med kit
3- everything else

Kory Joseph

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Italy
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Need:

1-Proper suspension/angles
2-Bumpers/Winch
3-Frame sliders

Want:

1-Roof Tent
2-Beadlocks
3-Drawer system

Kory Joseph

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Italy
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

I had to use zip ties just the other day! I hot some of the reusable ones for larger items..

ethan1911

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Strafford Missouri
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hand
Member #

1. First aid kit ( took a 9mm ricochet in the arm from someone else target practicing and had to tape a shop towel over it.)

2. High lift jack.

3. My front bumper. It’s stopped a few deer, had a semi trailer dragged across it, it’s been bashed into a tree when I totaled my truck and kept me safe through all of it.

Catdog

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Amarillo, TX
Member #

1. First aid kit ( took a 9mm ricochet in the arm from someone else target practicing and had to tape a shop towel over it.)

2. High lift jack.

3. My front bumper. It’s stopped a few deer, had a semi trailer dragged across it, it’s been bashed into a tree when I totaled my truck and kept me safe through all of it.
Yikes lol

Peanuts

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Cravalho
Member #

4WD in Mt Hood snowstorm. Chains yes, but nothing beats a couple extra wheels on the case. Fixed the problem recently, traded in for a 4Runner Off Road.

2) Had and never needed
Sirius Satellite Radio. Even with that many stations I still cant find anything to listen to.

A huge stack of extra Chipotle napkins in the center console for all of life's messy moments.