Wanda Lust - a 2015 4Runner Trail

• HTML tutorial

coulter6

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM
Member #

I bought my 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail in April of 2015. I live in Albuquerque but flew to Dallas to purchase it. There are 3 Toyota dealers in Albuquerque and they are all owned by Larry H. Miller. There were no deals to be had here since the dealers are pretty much in line with each other. I found a great deal in Grapevine, TX and flew to Dallas to pick it up.

1st day in Albuquerque.

About a week later NFAB streps installed. Also put in Eclipse Sun Shades (seen closed in this picture).

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Nice rig! And nice to see another New Mexican! We are in the Southeast portion of the state. Looking forward to your build progress.

Reactions: SLO Rob

coulter6

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM
Member #

This weekend I finished a carrier for my TRED's on my HitchGate.

My initial plan was to use Yakima SpareTime parts I acquired to mount the TREDs vertically on the spare tire.

I used some scrap 1/2 inch plywood to make a mount. Sprayed it with bedliner.

Finished mount.........not so fast

I drove it around a bit and noticed some wind drag with the TREDs mounted that way. I started looking for a different option. Thought of mounting it horizontally, but was concerned that the TREDs wouldn't be stable off road and move around on the spare time. I then thought of using the HitchGate's Hi-Lift Jack mount (2 holes).

Drilled 2 additional holes in the ROTOPAX gas mount and bolted the plywood mount to the back of the HitchGate.

Now it's very stable and there is no movement at all. No wind drag either.