Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey folks,

I'm thinking of doing WABDR section 4 and 5 after the NorthWest Overland Rally in June.

Who would be interested?

Anyone know if snow will be a problem in late June?

Cheers!
Gabriel Bozeman
NW Member Rep

(pic for attention) IMG_20191214_125123.jpeg

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Gabriel,
Should be fine, in response to the snow question. Now, I am planning a trip going North on the WABDR after NWOR. Any body? Right after NWOR. So, will not be able to join the group going North. Some other time I would like to go, Lake Chelan, North to the Canadian border. Vance.

Last edited:

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Gabriel,
Should be fine, in response to the snow question. Now, I am planning a trip going South on the WABDR after NWOR. Any body? Right after NWOR. So, will not be able to join the group going North. Some other time I would like to go, Lake Chelan, North to the Canadian border. Vance.
Sounds good to me.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Gabriel,
Should be fine, in response to the snow question. Now, I am planning a trip going South on the WABDR after NWOR. Any body? Right after NWOR. So, will not be able to join the group going North. Some other time I would like to go, Lake Chelan, North to the Canadian border. Vance.
Hi Vance. I might be interested in the South WABDR as I'm planning to be at the NWOR. I will be traveling with another party so I'm not sure what he and his kids will be able to do. If you have a sense of how long after the rally the trip will be, and stops, etc then I'd like to know, otherwise, at some point when you know just send it to me. Sounds like fun so we'll see.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hi Vance. I might be interested in the South WABDR as I'm planning to be at the NWOR. I will be traveling with another party so I'm not sure what he and his kids will be able to do. If you have a sense of how long after the rally the trip will be, and stops, etc then I'd like to know, otherwise, at some point when you know just send it to me. Sounds like fun so we'll see.
Send me a P.M. as I don’t want to highjack this thread! Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

As I live close by the WABDR sec. 5, the first part of June I will check and see what is open or closed and conditions. We do have a US Forest Service office here in Chelan, so I can get a current report on all the needed information.

Also looking at what I wrote, I some how messed up, as I will be going North not South. My plan is still to do the whole WABDR, from the start in Carson, WA. through to the Canadian border. Vance.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

As I live close by the WABDR sec. 5, the first part of June I will check and see what is open or closed and conditions. We do have a US Forest Service office here in Chelan, so I can get a current report on all the needed information.

Also looking at what I wrote, I some how messed up, as I will be going North not South. My plan is still to do the whole WABDR, from the start in Carson, WA. through to the Canadian border. Vance.
Good to hear from you Vance.

At this point (with the date change of the NWOR and COVID) I'm not sure if I'm still able to plan and do the northern 2 parts of the WABDR. I know of at least 2 other Overland Bound WABDR trips. I'll see if I can find the info on those. @M Rose can speak to those more.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep