• HTML tutorial

combatic

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

seattle
Member #

Hi all,
Does anyone have reports on WABDR snow pack on the route, especially sections 4/5/6? One of my friends was encountering impassable snow at 5000 feet. I am trip planning for July 10th and would love any feedback.

I am a newbie and don't have a feel for when the our higher elevations in the PNW typically become passable with 4x4's.

I see that there was crew that did a trip in June (June 2020 WABDR - Washington Backcountry Discovery Route)

Last edited:

Kai1674

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Kai
Last Name
Tepe
Member #

No snow at all on northern half of Section 4 last week (Sugarloaf Lookout to Lake Chelan). Planning to do the full WABDR in a couple of weeks so also interested in finding out about the other Sections

combatic

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

seattle
Member #

Thanks for the info! I am somehow leading 6-8 rigs and there is great concern that our trip will be in vain b/c of the snow pack.

ersmith

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7OUP
I did the southern half of section 4 a few weeks ago, so between Kai1674 and I we covered all of it. There wasn't even a hint of snow. I wouldn't be too worried about it at this time of year. http://sheadv.com/plan_your_ride/route-planning/ also has estimated snow levels which indicate you should also be good to go.