Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My Mom was from Visalia, we used to take a trip down there every spring to visit family. I think we still own a cabin up on Cedar Brook.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Yeah, the time is from 1pm to 3pm. I have additional information on the Rally point west region. We get a chance to meet other people, see rigs and plan this next year meetings. Hope to see you there.

ElPolloBlanco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hanford, CA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Todd
Member #

I’ll be there for a bit. My wife is celebrating her birthday later that night so I can’t stay the entire time.

ElPolloBlanco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hanford, CA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Todd
Member #

Bummer. Not gonna make it. I still have 4 tritips to smoke before 430. Next time.

ElPolloBlanco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hanford, CA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Todd
Member #

Bummer. Not gonna make it. I still have 4 tritips to smoke before 430. Next time.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

That's ok. We are having another meeting on February 8th in Visalia. I'm going to nail down a location and post it on Rally point soon. This meeting I think went good.
Tip #1) next meeting we will finish up on how your first aid kit coming. You can go to OB forum, to First Aid Boot camp and get the list of supplies for your first aid kit.
Tip #2) I like tri tip. Lol

Reactions: Yosemite Gabe

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Ok, lock down a location for our next meeting. Posting on the Rally point all the information.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Visalia Meet up is coming soon. I would like to see other people first aid kit and pass on some ideas to others as we get ready for the weather to get better. Bring your rigs and family for after rig Walk around and intro we will move inside the Me & Ed's back room for more chatting. This meeting is for anyone that wants to come. Information and location are posted in the rally point.

Reactions: Brian Herrema

gfoster86

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Foster
Member #

This is a INTEREST check before I create a Rally Point. Please look this over and let me know if you will be able to attend?
Memorial Day weekend Wed May 20 - Sun May 24, I think this can be done in 3-4 days, I say lets shoot for Sunday since Monday is a holiday incase we need an extra day, etc.

I created a 115mi OHV map/trail compiled of 5 other trails on "All trails".
I have attached the link to the trail as well as the All trails maps, as their sites show pictures of the route also. I was hoping to do this over Memorial Day weekend Wed May 20 - Sun May 24, I think this can be done in 3-4 days, as its an overall easy trail or roads and not many obstacles. I have never done this trail but with looking on alltrails it looks like pretty much any 4X4 should be able to do this.

I have also attached the GPX & KML files for this route to this email.

1. Link to Built Trail GaiaGPS - Emerald Pools & Bowman Lake Trail
2. Stop #1 Emerald Pools Emerald Pools
3. First leg of trail Bowman Road and Meadow Lake Road to Henness Pass
4. Stop #2 Faucherie Lake Waterfalls Faucherie Lake Waterfalls
5. Second Leg of trail Henness Pass OHV Road
6. Third/last leg of trail Saddleback Mountain Lookout OHV Route

Haven't picked out exact camping spots yet, but i figure we can find on the drive or plan before.

GPX viewer

Attachments

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Ok Visalia, I am trying to learn zoom for virtual meeting but I also want to do a meet and greet in person next month when things start opening up. We will meet on Mooney Blvd again. Keep an eye out for the Rally point with info about time and location. ( I am trying to research when and what will open) If you are interested in coming, post a shout out here and let's see how many we can get to show up.