Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hi all. Just moved here from northern VA and looking forward to getting on some Colorado trails and meeting other local members. I drive a 2017 Tacoma MT on 33s. I like to think my truck is built for use, and I prefer to do all work myself whenever possible. I'm into making and fixing stuff with my own two hands, including too many DIY projects, as well as geeky stuff like 3D printing, PC gaming, and D&D. I'm not sure if I have more tools or tabletop minis and board games haha

It would be cool to setup a [socially distanced] rigs and coffee meetup if that's a possibility...?

Nice to meet everyone. I'll attach some pics of my truck.

Attachments

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Hi all. Just moved here from northern VA and looking forward to getting on some Colorado trails and meeting other local members.
Welcome. Sounds like you parked yourself at the gateway to Co adventure. (Mead being a great Jumping off point for much of N. Co front range, with easy access to I25 and I70 for getting out to the rest of the state.)

Boort

Reactions: geekyadam

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hi all. Just moved here from northern VA and looking forward to getting on some Colorado trails and meeting other local members.
Welcome. Sounds like you parked yourself at the gateway to Co adventure. (Mead being a great Jumping off point for much of N. Co front range, with easy access to I25 and I70 for getting out to the rest of the state.)

Boort
Yeah it seems like I25 and I70 are very useful to have nearby. And I like how most people here drive decently (at least coming from DC area).

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Yeah it seems like I25 and I70 are very useful to have nearby. And I like how most people here drive decently (at least coming from DC area).
LOL, Drive decently. You're right that in general folks are less aggressive here than on the coasts, but be aware that merging into traffic and parallel parking are skills that are frequently missing here. Also with the ongoing influx of new arrivals many locals still overreact, negativly, to situations that are common in more congested areas. (Motorcyclists who ride the line in traffic would be a good example of a situation that will often cause an unexpected reactions from other drivers.)

Boort

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

LOL, Drive decently. You're right that in general folks are less aggressive here than on the coasts, but be aware that merging into traffic and parallel parking are skills that are frequently missing here. Also with the ongoing influx of new arrivals many locals still overreact, negativly, to situations that are common in more congested areas. (Motorcyclists who ride the line in traffic would be a good example of a situation that will often cause an unexpected reactions from other drivers.)

Boort
I hear you. My wife and I are currently full remote for work so don't need to commute at all. At some point my company will likely go to a hybrid model,so should only need to commute a couple times per week.

Reactions: Boort

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Great truck! I'm a Toyota fanboy myself, if you cannot tell by the username.

Have you ever played Gloomhaven? We want to run through the campaign at least once before Frosthaven comes out....

We've lost two great board game groups moving first from WI to ID and now ID to CO last September. We're not social distancers though but we don't care if others are.

Welcome to CO!

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Great truck! I'm a Toyota fanboy myself, if you cannot tell by the username.

Have you ever played Gloomhaven? We want to run through the campaign at least once before Frosthaven comes out....

We've lost two great board game groups moving first from WI to ID and now ID to CO last September. We're not social distancers though but we don't care if others are.

Welcome to CO!
I've heard great things about Gloomhaven and would love to play someday.

Reactions: wishihada4runner