Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Hey overlanders. Me and the misses are going to Vermont Sunday and Monday for Labor Day. We’re staying near lake Bomoseen in Castleton. We plan to make a trip to sugarbush farm for some cheese and maple syrup. Does anyone have any recommendation of some sights to see in southern Vermont? Any good food places to try?

Thanks!!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

The Crowbar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Kerry
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Vermont had a local delicacy called a creamee. It's basically soft serve ice cream made with maple syrup. The best around is a little hole in the wall called Frazers Place. Also the ben and Jerry's factory is up in Waterbury if your going that far. Vermont is a cool place just to cruise around.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
I was up there over the winter. The temps never got above -5 that day and the whole state was dead. Half the places we wanted to see were closed. We did hear about the creamee but never tried it. I certainly will try it. Thanks!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey overlanders. Me and the misses are going to Vermont Sunday and Monday for Labor Day. We’re staying near lake Bomoseen in Castleton. We plan to make a trip to sugarbush farm for some cheese and maple syrup. Does anyone have any recommendation of some sights to see in southern Vermont? Any good food places to try?

Thanks!!
Sugarbush Farm is great! Love that syrup!!

The Crowbar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Kerry
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
If you can, find a Cabot Cheese welcome center. They have tastings of everything they make which is over something like 50 different varieties.

Americonium

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

If you find yourself near Woodstock or Royalton, hit up Worthy Burger. I highly recommend it.

Americonium

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

Lots of taps for beer, great burgers. They will probably be busy this weekend, so call ahead first.