Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

So, a piece of my center console has its plastic damaged a bit because it used to have a old (00’s style) hands free set mounted on it. So I was thinking of cutting some Velcro to size so it would match in perfectly and cover the damaged area and still look neat.

I know loads of people use Velcro to hold down loads of things on the dash/center console. But what kind of thing you use it for? Because Velcro would perfectly do the job of covering the spot, but I got no idea what to stick to it then :)

Levidale

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Gardendale Texas
Member #

I use it to stick my overland patches to the roof in the cab,and inside the console I velcroed my holster for my gun

Last edited:

Cros

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

VA
Member #

I have a handheld radio velcroed to my dash. I think it would fly in an accident though.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
I had an extra small molle bag from another project and I keep some doo dads (lighter, sanitizer, mini-light, etc.). Just threw on some sew on to the back of the bag.

Cros

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

VA
Member #

There's always something I could Velcro to flat surface. I'd say go for it, and work case you remove it and clean it with Goo Gone.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Hmm above post would have a picture to it... Guess it didn't stick from the app (it gave a crash error, but as I saw the post I thought the picture was there as well)
Already removed the pic from my phone so... Anyway here is another pic I took a while ago, the red area is what I want to cover, its hard to see on this pic but the plastic is just damaged and for some reason it bugs the hell out of me :P
IMG_3550.JPG

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Stuck some velcro beneath the trunk carpet to stop it moving around, and use velcro to secure my patches and my aviation radio.

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Yes - and always finding new ways to use it.

We carry pieces of sticky backed velcro in the widget bag to use for new things while out.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Well I just ordered some loop surfaced Velcro to stick down in the car so I can put stuff down on it.. have made a template already as well so hopefully I can cut it out just like that. When it gets delivered next week I'll post a before and after in my project topic.

Sent from my SM-G903F using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: brien

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

I have a velcro piece on the side of my lower center dash console. When I hook up my CB I put the microphone there. When not in use I can disconnect everything and stow it away. I also use velcro on my awning. When it's out I take the lower flap and tuck it up with velcro so my side lighting doesn't get blocked. :-)