Vehicle Rentals in Colorado

• HTML tutorial

PenmanPhoto

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

East, SOMD
Member #

So my trip has changed. Instead of road tripping to Estes Park/Denver area... I will be flying. With that being said. So far I have called a few car rental places and was told we can not guarantee the actual vehicle...just that it will have 4x4 or all wheel drive. Can anyone suggest a better option? Or should I just roll the dice with whats available when I show up. I just want to make sure I have something that is decent for some adventures!

Thanks for the help!

PenmanPhoto

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

East, SOMD
Member #

I know I have seen a Jeep rental location in Estes Park but I don't know what cost or availability is

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I think I just found it...place called backbone adventures. Cheapest they have is $199 a day for a 2 door jeep. It's a nice one though, tires, lift kit.

codesertrat

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

I thought there was one that did stock Jeeps. I can't remember the name but I know I walked past a sign that said "jeep rentals" last time I was up there but that was a year ago

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@PenmanPhoto

My experience in Vegas/Death Valley was that the contracts from all major carriers said you could not take the car down a dirt road let alone off road.

If you want a full blown Overland rig. Call or Email John at Tonto Trails out of Durango (about 6 hours form Denver in the beautiful SW corner of Colorado) info@tontotrails.com 970.403.5865 John is an experienced Overlander who has been helping me plan my next trip. He rents out well equipt Sportsmobile Overland vans.

Closer to Denver:
Green Jeep Tours out of Estes Park may also rent Jeeps but I think they are just a tour service. Friends have taken their Photo Safari Tour and were very happy with the trip.

Searching I found this: Looks like an airbnb for car rentals! https://turo.com/rentals/suvs/co/estes-park/jeep-cherokee/26146 Not sure if you're into the whole sharing economy but it's an option.

If you can catch a shuttle to Breckenridge Co (~2hours from Denver on I70) try http://mountainhighrentals.com/ . They rent off road Jeeps. I have not personally used them but I was talking to another guest when I was staying up there a year or so ago and they used them every time they came to Brek.

I think "Rocky mountain jeep rentals" is out of South Denver or Castle Rock Area I see their trucks on the road and trails in the summer. I think they rent out Wranglers and the Larger Jeep SUVs.

Boort

Reactions: PenmanPhoto

PenmanPhoto

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

East, SOMD
Member #

@PenmanPhoto

My experience in Vegas/Death Valley was that the contracts from all major carriers said you could not take the car down a dirt road let alone off road.

If you want a full blown Overland rig. Call or Email John at Tonto Trails out of Durango (about 6 hours form Denver in the beautiful SW corner of Colorado) info@tontotrails.com 970.403.5865 John is an experienced Overlander who has been helping me plan my next trip. He rents out well equipt Sportsmobile Overland vans.

Closer to Denver:
Green Jeep Tours out of Estes Park may also rent Jeeps but I think they are just a tour service. Friends have taken their Photo Safari Tour and were very happy with the trip.

Searching I found this: Looks like an airbnb for car rentals! https://turo.com/rentals/suvs/co/estes-park/jeep-cherokee/26146 Not sure if you're into the whole sharing economy but it's an option.

If you can catch a shuttle to Breckenridge Co (~2hours from Denver on I70) try http://mountainhighrentals.com/ . They rent off road Jeeps. I have not personally used them but I was talking to another guest when I was staying up there a year or so ago and they used them every time they came to Brek.

I think "Rocky mountain jeep rentals" is out of South Denver or Castle Rock Area I see their trucks on the road and trails in the summer. I think they rent out Wranglers and the Larger Jeep SUVs.

Boort
awesome, thanks for the help!