Uuni Portable Pizza Oven

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Ireland

With my girlfriend a vegetarian and the braai not be so exciting for her as it is to me, we decided it would be a great opportunity to try our hand at some real authentic pizza making and got ourselves one of these incredible Pizza Ovens that is wood fired.

I have created this review to share with you our journey as we make our very first pizza and travel the length of the country while wild camping with it.

This is the part where I ask you kind folks to show us some support in our long battle to gain some subscribers. We are chasing to get the 1000 sub mark so we can monetise the channel and make a few quid to help buy more gear, so if you like the video we would really appreciate all the support as original content creation takes a long time. Thank you.

Contributor I

Valley Cottage, NY
First Name
apilinario
Last Name
silvia
I will always make the pizza in "ilFornino" Wood Fired Pizza Oven. I always make the Birthday pizza party for my daughter in this oven. 48 pies in and I’m more than happy about our new “ilFornino Wood Fired Pizza Oven”.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
We love our Ooni. I haven't taken it Overlanding yet, but it is definitely in my plans for a short trip. It makes superb pizza, but it can get very, very hot...so watch it closely. I had it set a crust on fire withing 30 seconds once!

Also, a pair of tongs goes a long, long way to spinning the pizza when you take it out for even cooking.

Great review. Subbed!

kithound

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Kit
Last Name
Hound
Member #

I can't say enough good things about the Ooni 3. Took it out on a trip to the Mojave with our buddy Koda's Tacoma and it was such a breeze to make killer pizza for the camp. Will definitely be a fixture in our excursions! :D

obxmush

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Harbinger, NC, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
Wacker
Member #

I just got an UUNI 3 from my local ACE Hardware, they were running a sale and got it for $199. I need to experiment with pellets, the Traeger pellets I have been using put off a lot of black, sooty, smoke. I have heard they are not best for the UUNI. So far we have had pizza 4 times this week lol. I also did a couple steaks... Really looking forward to taking this on the beach this summer, as well as camping.

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Is there a more perfect food on the planet? I think not... I'm not planning on this, but my last meal would ABSOLUTELY have to be a fire grilled pizza. I've recently started experimenting with cooking a pizza on a small Weber kettle, right on the grill grate. So far, the results have been pretty good.

Reactions: Munga Brown

Seanm26

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lynden, WA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Is there a more perfect food on the planet? I think not... I'm not planning on this, but my last meal would ABSOLUTELY have to be a fire grilled pizza. I've recently started experimenting with cooking a pizza on a small Weber kettle, right on the grill grate. So far, the results have been pretty good.
The best pizza ovens cook from the bottom up, so a grill makes perfect sense. Weber kettles are under rated. I use mine all the time from making paella to smoking a pork shoulder for 12 hours.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
The best pizza ovens cook from the bottom up, so a grill makes perfect sense. Weber kettles are under rated. I use mine all the time from making paella to smoking a pork shoulder for 12 hours.
Did you say paella? My second favorite food!!! And a close second at that... I'll have to see if I can dig up some pics of paella dishes I've cooked over an open fire while camping, one of my favorite things to do.

Reactions: Seanm26

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

I used to grill pizza on my Webber when I lived in CA. I don't even have a grill anymore. Grills won't last 2 years here where I live. The salt air eats 'em in no time.

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin

With my girlfriend a vegetarian and the braai not be so exciting for her as it is to me, we decided it would be a great opportunity to try our hand at some real authentic pizza making and got ourselves one of these incredible Pizza Ovens that is wood fired.

I have created this review to share with you our journey as we make our very first pizza and travel the length of the country while wild camping with it.

This is the part where I ask you kind folks to show us some support in our long battle to gain some subscribers. We are chasing to get the 1000 sub mark so we can monetise the channel and make a few quid to help buy more gear pizza catering van, so if you like the video we would really appreciate all the support as original content creation takes a long time. Thank you.
My impression on portable wood fired pizza ovens is that the Ooni is the gold standard. I don't think I would use one enough to justify the price so I've been considering some less expensive options. Big Horn and Vevor both make pizza ovens for less than $200. Does anybody have any thoughts on these ovens? Anything I should consider before buying a pizza oven?

felixharrison

Rank I

Contributor III

USA
First Name
JHONE
Last Name
Adward

This is the part where I ask you kind folks to show us some support in our long battle to gain some subscribers. We are chasing to get the 1000 sub mark so we can monetise the channel and make a few quid to help buy more gear How to thin acrylic paint for airbrushing , so if you like the video we would really appreciate all the support as original content creation takes a long time. Thank you.
It sounds like you're enjoying your Ooni pizza oven! Taking it Overlanding sounds like a fantastic idea for enjoying freshly cooked pizza on your adventures. Just as you mentioned, keeping an eye on it is crucial, especially considering how quickly it can cook and how hot it can get. Safety first, but it's great to hear that it makes superb pizza. Do you have any particular pizza recipes or toppings you enjoy making with your Ooni?