Utah Members Meetup - or any Overland Bound Members for that matter

• HTML tutorial

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Members in Utah. Overland Bound is growing fast. I would like to start communicating with other Utah-based members to setup a meetup. Looking at the members map it appears that the majority of members may be between Ogden and Provo. So I suggest we meet in Moab off-season. Ha!!

Seriously, it can take some time to get this setup. Please let me know if someone has already started putting this together and I apologize if this has already be done. If so, please let me know and please get me on the list.
If not, I will start a Utah Overland Bound Contact List. Please let me know if you would like to be on the contact list. I may start reaching out to everyone individually that I see on the map. Once I get a few people on the list we can work together to pick a date and time and place to meet.

Look forward to hearing from all Utah Overland Bound Members. It's going to be a great year overlanding.

UtahOverlander
W5MTN

Reactions: Steve

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

Agreed. People spend too much time posting about doing something, but let's actually do this. You are the first on the list. I say when we get 5 people, good enough.

Reactions: DaveSLC

DaveSLC

Rank 0

Contributor II

I've got a few trips planned already for this summer, but have a few places unplanned that I'd really like to make happen. HITR is at the top of that list. Where y'all going this summer? Anyone in for HITR?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Joey D

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Holladay, UT
Member #

Also in the SLC Valley, I'd be interested in a meet up. I've been wanting to do Moab and it would be nice to go with a group of folks that knew what they were doing. I haven't been in Utah long and I'm originally from Michigan so this is a whole new type of offroading for me.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Any Utah members heading to the Salt Lake Off-road Expo this Friday/Saturday?

ExpeditionUtah is sponsoring an "Intro to Overland" panel discussion Friday at 6pm and an advanced Overland and Adventure Travel panel Saturday at 5pm. Lots to see and do: https://www.sloffroadexpo.com/events.html

Hey Kurt, when it says 4:00-4:45 Canguro Race Team, what will actually happen at that time, is it a panel discussion, or a sponsored event of some kind?

Wish I could be there, sounds like some good stuff.

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

Hey all, we have a meetup planned for May 2oth. Planning to ride the trail from Diamond Fork Canyon to Strawberry Reservoir. Should just be a short day trip. If you want to join, let me know and I will add you to the group message.

Reactions: JB Sepulveda

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
Hey all, we have a meetup planned for May 2oth. Planning to ride the trail from Diamond Fork Canyon to Strawberry Reservoir. Should just be a short day trip. If you want to join, let me know and I will add you to the group message.
Doh! That is the same weekend as ExpeditionUtah's Silver Island Mountain exploration trip. Would love to meet up with some more local OB members but the Silver Islands are calling.

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Not in UT but I live near Jackson, WY so not too far away. I usually make it down to Moab to bike and camp at least once a year, usually in May or October. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of members up here so I'd be all about meeting some folks if there's something going on while I'm down that way. Or if any of you SLC peoples are ever organizing something north, let me know!

MarlinJames

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
Doh! That is the same weekend as ExpeditionUtah's Silver Island Mountain exploration trip. Would love to meet up with some more local OB members but the Silver Islands are calling.
Kurt
I've checked out Expedition Utah and the only group trips I've seen posted is the Relic Run and Freeze Your Tail Off. I've seen some single folk post their past trips. Not sure if I'm missing something or not. I did a search for Silver Island and nothing current came up.

Ngurney.. Thanks for the invite on May 20th. Unfortunately I too have something going on that day.