Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Next Monday we are headed west to visit relatives and on the way home explore the southwest deserts, both low and high. I want to bring my brother-in-law a case of local brew. The ambient temps are going to be below freezing for most of the 3,000 mile trip to California. I'm thinking that the cooler is a good enough insulator to work backwards and keep the brew from freezing, Has anyone else ever attempted to do this and if so, what were your results. BTW, the beverages will be in cans. Thanks all for your replies....

Nef

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingman, AZ, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Malave
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC2UD
Next Monday we are headed west to visit relatives and on the way home explore the southwest deserts, both low and high. I want to bring my brother-in-law a case of local brew. The ambient temps are going to be below freezing for most of the 3,000 mile trip to California. I'm thinking that the cooler is a good enough insulator to work backwards and keep the brew from freezing, Has anyone else ever attempted to do this and if so, what were your results. BTW, the beverages will be in cans. Thanks all for your replies....
Works fine. I have used a yeti eski to keep cooked meals warm while I shared from campsite to campsite. (I've been known to over cook and love to share).

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I once went on an extended ski trip in highschool in cabins with wood stoves in -50 Celsius. We used our plain old Coleman cooler for exactly that purpose and it worked perfectly. Your yeti will have no problem, I'm sure.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
An old bbq trick is to wrap you que in aluminum foil, then wrap in blankets and towels. Then place all that in an empty cooler. The cooler will keep the meat hot and moist, it will be just like it is fresh off the pit.

Reactions: sabjku
S

SubeeBen

Should work good. Ice chest is meant to insulate whether hot or cold are my thoughts. Good post. Never thought about this.