Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say the velcro straps on my rooftop tent are useless. Only having the rooftop tent for 3 years and yes using regularly from spring to fall a person would think that the velcro would be of higher quality considering they are exposed to the elements. Then on the other hand a person would ask, WHY have them on a rooftop tent in the first place, especially on the 4 straps securing the both floors together before placing the cover over it?

velcro_strap_03.jpg

Anyways fed up with the velcro today I removed the velcro and replaced it with camping buckles.

velcro_strap_01.jpg

Using an old strap from a gym bag which was 40mm wide I used a slip lock ( call that in Swedish if I'm used the wrong word describing this item :wink: ) on both sides of the buckle. Here on the bottom section I looped the gym bag strap through the original D-ring with the slip lock keeping it in one place and also adjustable if needed.

velcro_strap_04.jpg

2 slip locks and a buckle now I'm able to securely close the roof top tent. If I need the roof top tent closed "tighter" it's a simple case of pulling down with one hand and tightening the buckle strap with the other.

.....Oh and get this, it stays closed! .....good bye useless velcro. :triumph::triumph:

Todd.

Last edited:
Reactions: St8ton

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
My Eezi Awn came with buckles. That makes it much easier to close. Yours looks good! I need to build a strap today for a different project.