USA to Africa

• HTML tutorial

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
I suggest a bit more information - shipping from Anchorage to Mombasa is a lot different from shipping from Miami to Tangier.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I suggest a bit more information - shipping from Anchorage to Mombasa is a lot different from shipping from Miami to Tangier.
Indeed. Depending on the destination and the whole trip planned it could make sense to ship from the US eastcoast to Europe and travel southbound then. Shipped the rig RORO back from the US to Europe some years ago. Easy procedure, comparable cheap and all went well. If someone needs some details on this, just let me know. I am happy to share experiences with that and help.

Advocate II

Very true. Sorry for that. To be specific I live in Dallas, TX. I’m open to different ports around the country. I would prefer the final destination to be Djibouti so I can drive to Ethiopia. I have a 2007 Silverado and I’m close if not past the 20’ so I have to take a 40’ in consideration. I also would prefer to have it shipped somewhere between October and November.

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

we need to get together to plan a few trips. my USA vehicle is the ford. my overseas looks like it will be the series 100 land cruiser. I am also in Dallas. Frisco to be exact.

Very true. Sorry for that. To be specific I live in Dallas, TX. I’m open to different ports around the country. I would prefer the final destination to be Djibouti so I can drive to Ethiopia. I have a 2007 Silverado and I’m close if not past the 20’ so I have to take a 40’ in consideration. I also would prefer to have it shipped somewhere between October and November.

Advocate II

Indeed. Depending on the destination and the whole trip planned it could make sense to ship from the US eastcoast to Europe and travel southbound then. Shipped the rig RORO back from the US to Europe some years ago. Easy procedure, comparable cheap and all went well. If someone needs some details on this, just let me know. I am happy to share experiences with that and help.
I wouldn’t mind shipping from the east coast. I hear a lot of negatives about RoRo. I have heard a lot of things come up missing from your vehicle.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I wouldn’t mind shipping from the east coast. I hear a lot of negatives about RoRo. I have heard a lot of things come up missing from your vehicle.
I think it depends on the route (there are definetly routes I woud never go RORO), from which port to which port you ship and maybe also if the rig is parked at a port for quite a while. While shipping from Europe to the US I had only good experiences. On the way back some minor stuff was missing. I do not know if things have changed the last years. What have you heard?