Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
First of all I checked what version I was running, which was version 2.10. Newest version, which came out in November is 2.12 according to Kenwood's firmware update page - TM-V71A/TM-V71E/TM-D710A/TM-D710E Main firmware update information (kenwood.com)
First time doing an update since I get the unit earlier this year so I sorta fumbled along with the instructions above lol.

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I have had my Yaesu 8800 for at least 6 years, I should probably see if there is an update available but then again I haven't had any problems with it either....
What were the changes made with the updates? Did you notice any difference?

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I have had my Yaesu 8800 for at least 6 years, I should probably see if there is an update available but then again I haven't had any problems with it either....
What were the changes made with the updates? Did you notice any difference?
The Yaesu's are really good units. I have the FT-3DR handheld as well. As far as the upgrade, I always upgrade my gadgets to the latest and greatest even if it's not broke lol. It was working fine and the upgrade didn't address an immediate need in my case. Just wanted to do the upgrade for experience.

This upgraded included this:

Updated item : (Ver.2.11 2.12) [November 25, 2020]
. When using the new accessory microphone (MC-62), microphone key presses may be falsely detected under certain conditions.

Updated item : (Ver.2.10 2.11) [August 26, 2020]
The following symptom is revised.
1. The Memory Scan may not work correctly under certain conditions. (TM-V71A/E, TM-D710A/E)

Reactions: Prerunner1982