Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Cramer
First off, I am not your usual Overland rig set up. I am a 2018 Silverado 1500 pulling a 2011 Airstream Sport 16'.

I am looking for a couple day adventure in the UP of Michigan in August 2020. We mainly do some hiking and some exploration of old time artifact while we are out camping/ exploring. We are been between Tahquamenon Falls and Munising for our August adventure. Do you any of you have a preference to one, and if so why?

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
First off, I am not your usual Overland rig set up. I am a 2018 Silverado 1500 pulling a 2011 Airstream Sport 16'.

I am looking for a couple day adventure in the UP of Michigan in August 2020. We mainly do some hiking and some exploration of old time artifact while we are out camping/ exploring. We are been between Tahquamenon Falls and Munising for our August adventure. Do you any of you have a preference to one, and if so why?

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I lived in SW Michigan for nearly 20 years and did travel up to the UP, visiting Tahquamenon Falls and I think they are worth seeing. They are different than most falls one sees making them unique, but, I'll leave that for you to discover if you go there. Can't say much about Munising although I think it would be worth a visit, but, I would also recommend Whitefish point. I really liked my visit there and found it to be a beautiful place and very interesting. Whichever you choose, I know you will enjoy your time there. I do agree with Beverywhere, you definitely will have a close personal relationship with mosquitoes, although not as much if you go to Whitefish point.

Reactions: Boort

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I'm driving through again the May and hoping to drive through Hiawatha NF and Superior SF and do a E/W drive through. The OP my also be interested in this and I'm very curious about the NF & SF. Also looking for a MVUM for the SF (if there is one) to learn restrictions.