Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I love the Moab sets of videos. You guys did a phenomenal job detailing your trip and experiences. It's such an amazing place, but also can be rather unforgiving at times. I was laughing out loud at your comments about me and my LR4 - hahaha! It was quite an honor, as they say you tease the ones you like? HAHAHA!

Reactions: seb

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Yes, I thought this particular video was among the best you have done. The cozy almost unplanned feel, the soundtrack, and the back and forth commentary (along with the cameo by Jon Snow) made for a great overall package. As we were watching it, my Wife commented on how she is looking forward to our next big adventure. Cheers.

As far as lighting a fire in less than ideal circumstances goes, I'm a firm believer of: "when in doubt...get the darn gas can out...."

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Yes, I thought this particular video was among the best you have done. The cozy almost unplanned feel, the soundtrack, and the back and forth commentary (along with the cameo by Jon Snow) made for a great overall package. As we were watching it, my Wife commented on how she is looking forward to our next big adventure. Cheers.

As far as lighting a fire in less than ideal circumstances goes, I'm a firm believer of: "when in doubt...get the darn gas can out...."
I have to say my girlfriend and I had the exact same reaction to the video, definitely got us excited for our next trip too!

gDanCO

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thornton, CO, USA
Member #

I'm both an overland and Overland Bound newbie, bought my 4Runner in November 2018. Many years ago I had a Toyota 4x4 pick up and I rambled off road back in Connecticut. Fast forward to today, after moving to Colorado and buying the 4Runner, my dog and I planned 5 days in Moab. Did my research and decided to ease into off roading and one of my first off road rides was to be Long Canyon Trail. After visiting Dead horse Point State Park I headed tofor the trail. Just as it got to the canyon entrance, I dismounted and checked things out. Being alone, a newbie at that with stock tires, I decided to pass, no sense getting in trouble on my first rip.

A couple of days later I found myself on the lower end of the Long Canyon and decided to try it going up so off we went. Ironically, when I ran into a lot of ice, just about the spot where Corrie and Michael got stuck (stopped), I decided to turnaround (executing a perfect 6 point turn) and head back. Yesterday, while looking at videos on the site, I stumbled upon Unperfected in Moab, Part1&2 and found it interesting that I ran into the same trouble spot. The difference was at least my full experience was in the daylight and I had a bit of more control when I reached the critical part. Lesson learned for me, stay away from trails shaded from the sun in winter.

Here are a couple of pics from my second run at Long Canyon Trail. I'll be back in better weather soon.

Attachments