Under hood Welder, Anyone?

• HTML tutorial

Would an onboard Welder be a part of your build?

• Total voters

bailcraftca

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

So Cal
Member #

FullSizeRender.jpg Greetings All,

I have been a member since May '17, and have enjoyed this community as I refine my rig (I think at the end of the year it will be "ready" ;-). In my journey to outfit my rig, and add another passion of mine, welding, I have searched this community to find anyone with experience or expertise in an alternator driven - onboard welder... I mean, we have fridges, winches, air, water, inverters, communication, first aid, and a host of other things to assist in creating the experience; however, I have yet to discover (maybe I just have not found it) any plans of contingency that include having a onboard welder - Is this off base? Any thoughts would be appreciated ;-)

Last edited:

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Premier Power Welder is one, there are several others that are pretty fancy.

I built a stick welder that uses pretty simple collection of welding stuff and then connects two batteries to provide power.
I've used it and although I'm a better MIG welder than stick welder, I can make stuff melt together when needed.
I needed it on a trip on the Mojave when my exhaust pipe broke and was glad to have it.

Definitely not off base. Go prepared!

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

I’ve been wanting one of those premier power welders for awhile, the price is the only thing holding me back for now. Someday I’ll have to pull the trigger. I remember from my research on these that there were very specific instructions on using it, shutting it down etc. certainly not too hard to learn, just a process. It also will run grinders and other tools which is really nice if you’re gonna be welding.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk