Tundra Crewmax and Expedition One

• HTML tutorial

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
I was able to get to it through that small access panel on the driver's side on top of the grill (when the hood is open), but it took a little contortion. My plan was to cut a small portion of the grill fins in the lower corner and make a small panel, but then I decided to go to the ARB so I didn't go any further with the plan.

I'm waiting for some questions to be answered from the owner at P&P Engineering - in the Midwest. They have a pretty nice bumper that might fit my needs. You don't normally find used ones out there for the exact year that you need.

Beyond the looks and apparent functionality of the Exp-One, their location in Utah is not "crazy" far for me to go if I really needed the personal approach. Again, I wish Relentless was a little better at the contact thing. I did their front bumper on a Tacoma and in some ways I really miss that setup, but I like my Tundra much more than the Tacoma.

Attachments

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
I had people pull up beside me on the freeway giving me the thumbs up (yes it was their thumb...), and I even had a few guys follow me for miles until I stopped to ask me questions about the setup.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Love my SSO on the Tundra.. again, GREAT company to deal with.. before during AND after the sale..

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Their instructions say to plan 5-6 hrs for the install.. If you're careful and pretty well mechanically inclined, you "could" do it in less than 5.. I took my time over 2 nights with a few {5} broken bolts and I had about 8 hrs in it..

Reactions: 22Echo

Slo4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Rosenberg, TX, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Moser
Member #

Happy with the setup? There are limited options for a swing out bumper for the Tundra (right now I've only found 2 - Exp-One being one of them ). I talked to CBI, but they're dragging their feet. It seems like their bread and butter is the Tacoma and 4Runner so it seems they are in no rush. They said they have some "prototypes" out there, but nothing that was close to production. Relentless Fabrication is here where I live, but I can't get them to answer me about a Tundra swing bumper (they just released one for the Chevy Colorado which caused me to call them). I'm close to making a purchase on some larger tires, and I know from a test fit, the larger tire won't fit in the spare tire location under the truck.
Could always go hitch mounted swing out like this

Ive been wanting a tire carrier too but the amount of money people want for them is ludicrous. Sad to here the OP is having customer service issues with his already :/

Aric Jennings

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mar Vista, California
Member #

I ordered a dual swing out from PP Engineering. Supposed to be a bolt on option. They have mixed reviews about not delivering and are tough to get a hold of. I'm still crossing my fingers that I'll actually get mine. 12 weeks and counting...

Reactions: RoarinRow