First Name
Danny
Last Name
Mitlo
Member #

What’s up ladies and gents!
I have a 2011 Toyota tundra crew max
and it has LSD
Wanted to possibly ADD the ARB air lockers front and rear..
would it be a good idea to start buying the components first ?
like the compressor to start?? and which compressor would be the best. Any recommendations. ARB?

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I personally use an arb air compressor like it just fine, but you need to determine the use for your compressor and give some insights on if you plan to use this just for lockers or if you are interested in airing up? Do you have intentions of using air tools? ARB air lockers will operate from a very minimal air compressor so your only concern would be reliability.

Also depending on how mechanically inclined you are would help determine if you should buy components or wait until you have the $$$ to have them professionally installed. I've installed auto lockers but not air lockers do to needing to set lash and figure that's better off done by someone correctly the 1st time. While you are in there you also might want to consider a re-gear depending on how oversized your tires are from stock.

Reactions: Danny Mitlo

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

What’s up ladies and gents!
I have a 2011 Toyota tundra crew max
and it has LSD
Wanted to possibly ADD the ARB air lockers front and rear..
would it be a good idea to start buying the components first ?
like the compressor to start?? and which compressor would be the best. Any recommendations. ARB?
Through the end of March, ARB is offering a FREE compressor with the purchase of an AIR Locker. Now would be a really good time to at least get the rear ARB ordered.

Im an ARB dealer as well....Let me know if I can help

Danny Mitlo

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Lorenzo, CA, USA
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Mitlo
Member #

Through the end of March, ARB is offering a FREE compressor with the purchase of an AIR Locker. Now would be a really good time to at least get the rear ARB ordered.

Yes please. Holler if you need any more info for me.
2011 Toyota Tundra crew max off road
It currently has LSD
THX!!

Danny Mitlo

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Lorenzo, CA, USA
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Mitlo
Member #

Yes please. If you can send me a quote on something fantastic, I may pull the trigger on it! purchasing the rear air lockers for now. Or.... show me what you can do. And thank you!!

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Yes please. If you can send me a quote on something fantastic, I may pull the trigger on it! purchasing the rear air lockers for now. Or.... show me what you can do. And thank you!!
Watched a you tube video of some similar Toyota 4 runners. Very eye opening. They all tackled the same steep/dry dirt hill.

The rear locker vehicle only made it so far. The 2nd 4 runner had a rear locker and that ATRAC system. It only made it maybe 2 vehicle lengths further up the hill. The 3rd had ARB lockers front and rear, and it went right up the hill. The first 2 went 1/3 to 1/2 way before coming to a stop.

This shows what different options will accomplish, given similar vehicles.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
If pulling the trigger on a F/R locker system, see what deal they will do, upgrading the free small compressor to the dual....big boy. Also see if a deal can be had on their reserve air tank. Now your setup for on board air (tires and air tools).

Last edited:

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

If pulling the trigger on a F/R locker system, see what deal they will do, upgrading the free small compressor to the dual....big boy. Also see if a deal can be had on their reserve tank. Now your setup for on board air (tires and air tools).

I have the ARB single on my Tundra, to inflate the tires, and I'd go for the ARB dual for certain if I had to do it again. I had the ARB single from my old Xterra so that's why I installed it. It works great, but I'd like to cut down on re-inflating time a little.

Reactions: Desert Runner