Launch Member

Contributor I

Satellite Beach, FL
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Jarvis
Member #

I have a Tacoma but know that this question/discussion can apply to all trucks or overlanding setups. I have searched the forums (kinda suck at it and still a newbie) and couldn’t find a good picture or details on a setup I’m trying to get.

Here is my idea...

Would like to be able to mount the cooler/fridge sliders to a piece of Plywood/heavy duty plastic or aluminum board that would sit in the bed of the truck for the sliders to operate while the fridge/cooler was in use but can remove the whole setup when not camping. To get back to a Daily Driver setup.

Concern is how to brace the board down to not flip up from rear while fridge/cooler is loaded and using sliders out.

I’m using a Iceco JP40 and there sliders but I feel the idea can be done for ARB, Dometic or any the other brands.

If this is as easy as responding to a link with another post please do and if ya have a setup like this feel free to post pics and or any advice.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Could you just strap the fridge down the the bed hooks somehow? Or build a system around / underneath the fridge that uses the bed hooks? That way you can just detach when you're done?

Reactions: Salty Taco

Salty Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Satellite Beach, FL
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Jarvis
Member #

Could you just strap the fridge down the the bed hooks somehow? Or build a system around / underneath the fridge that uses the bed hooks? That way you can just detach when you're done?
Brilliant! Using the D Rings as a secure point in the rear of the board the sliders are mounted to would work to keep it from tipping.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have a rubber Tacoma mat in my bed and I forgot they are there. I can cut a small hole there for the board to attach there.

I’m gonna mock something up and probably post it for reference.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Grendel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San diego
Member #

I just bought a TemboTusk fridge slide with the docking mounts. It is expensive but I wanted to be able to move the fridge from my tundra to wife’s 4Runner and use a slide. I also wanted to be able to remove the slide easily since I do use my pick up as a pick and do load a bunch of stuff in the back from time to time. The past weekend was the first I used it and I am quite happy with how it worked and the ease of removal.

Salty Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Satellite Beach, FL
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Jarvis
Member #

I did this in my Tacoma with a slide I built and installed. I put L track in the bed and then can bolt the slide in or easily take it out
Can you post a few picks of it? It not installed, installed and with or without the cooler/fridge? If not no worries. Just looking for inspiration. Thank you

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Brilliant! Using the D Rings as a secure point in the rear of the board the sliders are mounted to would work to keep it from tipping.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have a rubber Tacoma mat in my bed and I forgot they are there. I can cut a small hole there for the board to attach there.

I’m gonna mock something up and probably post it for reference.
Boom! Sorry I meant D rings. Good luck!

Bryan0302

Rank III

Member I

Poquoson, VA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Leahy
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Does anyone from this thread have photos? I am looking to do this with my 4Runner and an ICECO fridge I have coming.