Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

This is a trip to Zion National Park Labor Day weekend. Instead of sitting at home, I plan on getting out and seeing the country. I have a free-range camping spot picked out near the Grand Canyon that maybe people could meet me at on Thursday that week. Then I will be going on to spend 4 days in Zion National Park where I plan to go on a few Trail runs while visiting the sites. I hope to see OB family out on the trail and we can share some stories and have some fun with our rigs exploring ,hope to see you there. RSVP , LET'S OUTFIT & EXPLORE ! Cell # 480-310-5596 TEXT ME THE WORDS ( OB MEET UP ) AND I'LL SEND YOU THE DROP PIN FOR THE FIRST CAMPING SPOT ! P.S. 1ST DROP PIN IN THE RALLY POINT IS A MEETING AREA , NOT CAMPING SPOT / BE SURE TO TEXT FOR CAMP DROP PIN IF YOU ARE NOT MEETING AT THIS POINT !! THANK YOU OB FAMILY! Those of you meeting us in Utah basecamp is set!

View Rally Point
Last edited:

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

A
I'm planning on going to Zion and the Grand Canyon around that time. I think I only have 2 days I can spend at Zion, but maybe I can meet up.[/QUOTE
I'm planning on going to Zion and the Grand Canyon around that time. I think I only have 2 days I can spend at Zion, but maybe I can meet up.
Very cool just check out the rally event for the drop pin in zion that is base camp. Even thought your only coming 2 days its better than none . Lol . Feel free to RSVP that way I get a count on maybe and definitely. Thanks so much . Hope to see ya there.

himala k

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yorba Linda, California
Member #

Sounds super fun, been thinking going to Zion for a while! I may be in! would leave friday and so would meet up either friday night or saturday morning? where will you be at that point?

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Sounds super fun, been thinking going to Zion for a while! I may be in! would leave friday and so would meet up either friday night or saturday morning? where will you be at that point?
Base camp will be at the 2nd drop pin in the rally event for this trip. My phone # is listed feel free to call if you need to. We should be at base camp Thursday evening .

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

What's your route to get from the Grand Cyn to Zion? I'm in Vegas and probably won't be able to make it, but if anyone gets into trouble, I'm usually available.

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

What's your route to get from the Grand Cyn to Zion? I'm in Vegas and probably won't be able to make it, but if anyone gets into trouble, I'm usually available.
we will be North up to 17 from Phoenix to the First Camp spot will be on the southern rim off of Forest Road 64 traveling west to Highway, 89 then North merging onto 89A traveling west Into zion to second drop pin in rally event which is OB BASE CAMP ! Thanks for the support! A lot of people that are maybe goes for the trip I think are going to meet us in Zion they are coming from other states if they are going not sure quite a few maybes!

Last edited:
Reactions: vegasjeepguy

Brooke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

This looks great... I'm off the 26th-4th and have been looking for something to do, would love to explore with some other people.

Reactions: KTM GRIZZLY

Brooke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Hey everyone, not sure if updates are seen here... but I'm planning on arriving on the 26th (evening).

I have found some cool routes in the area, and I was also thinking of booking a white water trip down the Green River (Colorado is too expensive for me!). If you wanna do some of that rafting stuff, let me know :) I will be in the area until the 3rd!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Looking forward to this trip. This will be our first trip to Zion, any idea what water availability will be like? We will be bringing up ~15 gallons which should be plenty, but it would be reassuring if there are known places we could refill if needed

Brooke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

@brien there is a chance we will need to carry all our water, 15 gallons should be enough. Unless you're going to be showering and stuff with it. Typically I refill my containers @ USFS outpost. Also I was looking at permits and what not and it looks like Utah requires you to "pack it in pack it out" in regards to human waste.... they specifically make a callout to people in 4x4's saying "...required to carry a personal toilet of some kind." I think this means a bucket and biodegradable poop bags are gonna be required unless you actually do have a portable toilet, I was thinking about picking one up.

Reactions: brien

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

@brien there is a chance we will need to carry all our water, 15 gallons should be enough. Unless you're going to be showering and stuff with it. Typically I refill my containers @ USFS outpost. Also I was looking at permits and what not and it looks like Utah requires you to "pack it in pack it out" in regards to human waste.... they specifically make a callout to people in 4x4's saying "...required to carry a personal toilet of some kind." I think this means a bucket and biodegradable poop bags are gonna be required unless you actually do have a portable toilet, I was thinking about picking one up.
We are going to be right outside park limits we should be fine

Reactions: Brooke

Matt4Runner

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Pleasant Hill, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
JJJ
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6VHF
I have the reliance folding toilet and it works really well, I recommend it. Also those pop-up shower/privacy tents are nice for when you are with a group.

Does anyone else have a ham radio on this trip?