• Drive the Jeep or truck?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Fly and then rent?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Roty

Rank I

Contributor III

My wife and I are coming up on our first wedding anniversary later this year. We are thinking about making the trip to Grand Lake, CO from TN. She has a Grand Cherokee Laredo(v6 4x4) and I have my 2012 Froniter Pro-4x. We aren't sold on the idea of driving it because the trip would take us through KS and there is not much to see BUT neither one of us have been in that part of the country so the idea is not out completely. This would be around Thanksgiving. So, we are currently leaning toward the idea of flying to Denver, renting a vehicle, and then making the last 2-3 hour drive to Grand Lake for the stay. My question to this community is that what kind of vehicle would I need to explore the area of the RMNP at that time of the year?

Edit: Trip is about 1350 miles and around 20hrs.

Also, I have included a question for input. Fly or drive? Trip would go from the afternoon of 11/16/2017 and I would need to be back to work by 11/27.

Roty

Rank I

Contributor III

After speaking with member NerdyNick, I have decided to stay in Estes Park instead. We still need to decide to drive or fly

Roty

Rank I

Contributor III

Well, a few personal matters have came up and we may not be able to go anywhere this year. Thanks for reading everyone.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Roty

Sorry to hear you will not make it this year. I've spent a bunch of time in the area. Hit me up if you put the trip back on the calendar.

Boort