Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Well a mate of mine Rhys has wanted to camp at a particular spot for quite awhile, but unfortunately he has always missed out due to the local popularity on long weekends. This time the long weekend lined up with my week off, so with GPS coordinates loaded into my ipad and onto google earth I proceeded to drive the 300+km's for me on Thursday the day before the long weekend officially started. Arriving at the turn off onto the dirt road I immediately started to worry as I could see one set of tyre tracks going down the same track. Fingers crossed.

After driving 2+km's on dirt windy tracks we came to the pin that was marked on the map, the area was overgrown with 6 - 8ft high dry spear grass. This would not do, so we back tracked a hundred metres where we found a nice green camping spot that would allow for 3 4wds... Perfect, even better was that the swimming hole was only 10 metres from our camp.

The first night we just monitored the water hole, as this is still saltwater crocodile territory, none were spotted the first night.

Untitled by Scott Murray, on Flickr

The second day Rhys and his wife and 2 dogs turned up around 10:30am, we did have a few 4wds drive by but none tried to camp on top of us. Rhys was quickly followed by his mate Ben and Bens girlfriend in my second car my trusty Nissan Patrol.

We spent the day relaxing and cooling off in the awesome swimming hole.

The next few days we spent relaxing, playing cards and swimming. All the dogs got along well the whole time.

Rhys stalking birds to photograph.

An awesome Wedge Tailed Eagle soaring high in the sky.

Tank enjoying the freedom.

Evelyn wandering around in the bush taking photos on her iphone.

Ben Rhys and Bonnie (Woef in front) relaxing.

Does it get any better?

Me standing in our cool swimming hole.