US West Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Just a friendly reminder that info for each month is updated on post #2 of this thread. You can glance at the monthly info quickly, see where we hold our Sunday Sunday Meet Ups, and see the yearly calendar.

More info to come about our June trip to Bear Lake.

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Weekend by Bear Lake
June 24-27, 2021

June 1st the Rally Point will be posted for our next trip to Bear Lake up near the west shore of Lake Tahoe. This trip is unique in that we will be base camping at the lake and not moving each night to new campsites. Bear Lake is near the Rubicon trail which can be explored as desired. The Rubicon has easy and difficult portions that can be explored, plus there are miles and miles of forest roads. There are 2 ways into the lake, one is easy as it’s paved and dirt forest roads, the other way is rougher, but not too hard. Mainly rocky sections requiring a lift and good choices for your lines, but again not too hard.

@JReichert11 @AzzyRnr and I scouted out the lake and determined that it can hold about 13 rigs, so space is limited. The trip is Thursday to Sat/Sun because of the limited space and potential summer visitors already using the lake.

Here are some warm cozy shots of Bear Lake, a perfect summer camping trip location!
20DE535B-62DF-41C0-BF94-B54BA89B25FD.jpegB15D8508-2B8C-49D0-B445-4341171693D8.jpeg0DFD32D6-D9EE-4322-BFDE-9C057195980C.jpeg

Last edited:

rho

Rank V

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham Callsign
AG6YB
Weekend by Bear Lake
June 24-27, 2021

June 1st the Rally Point will be posted for our next trip to Bear Lake up near the west shore of Lake Tahoe. This trip is unique in that we will be base camping at the lake and not moving each night to new campsites. Bear Lake is near the Rubicon trail which can be explored as desired. The Rubicon has easy and difficult portions that can be explored, plus there are miles and miles of forest roads. There are 2 ways into the lake, one is easy as it’s paved and dirt forest roads, the other way is rougher, but not too hard. Mainly rocky sections requiring a lift and good choices for your lines, but again not too hard.

@JReichert11 @AzzyRnr and I scouted out the lake and determined that it can hold about 13 rigs, so space is limited. The trip is Thursday to Sat/Sun because of the limited space and potential summer visitors already using the lake.

Here are some warm cozy shots of Bear Lake, a perfect summer camping trip location!

I've been meaning to check that area out for awhile... I'm def interested!

Overlandenthusiast

Rank IV

Member III

Belmont, California, USA
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

Weekend by Bear Lake
June 24-27, 2021

View attachment 199532View attachment 199533View attachment 199534
Thanks for planning this. We are interested to join this trip.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA

Roger 2486

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Sorry to hear the trip has filled so quickly; was trying to juggle work and re-schedule stuff...please kindly add me to the waiting list as well if possible.

Many thanks!

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
June Monthly Meet Up
June13th 1-3pm
End of the lot at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586

We will discuss refrigeration….the age old battle between ICE and FREON. Bring what you’ve got and let’s share our experiences between models for both coolers and fridges. Sometimes it‘s really helpful for others to see and touch different units and hear first-hand accounts of what you use.

We will also discuss the June trip to Bear Lake and the July trip to Bodie Ghost Town.

Remember we only use gear that is essential….I bet I can find a place for this in my rigCCF4AF8D-B55D-4118-85B8-AB7B3F87E9CB.jpeg

AlexAtWagan

Rank V

Member III

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

June Monthly Meet Up
June13th 1-3pm
End of the lot at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586

We will discuss refrigeration….the age old battle between ICE and FREON. Bring what you’ve got and let’s share our experiences between models for both coolers and fridges. Sometimes it‘s really helpful for others to see and touch different units and hear first-hand accounts of what you use.

We will also discuss the June trip to Bear Lake and the July trip to Bodie Ghost Town.

Remember we only use gear that is essential….I bet I can find a place for this in my rig
I'm planning to be there and I'll bring the gigantes Snomaster LP66D for reference for those who may want to window (trunk) shop.

Last edited: