US West Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Having the same problem with RSVP via the app - #16914 - new to the group - hoping to drop in and meet everyone, glean some gear ideas, look at 2020 trip options etc - driving in from Fremont.

- Boz
No worries just come it’s no problem

PapaDave

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
New to the community/forums. Bummed that I'm going to miss this meetup, but definitely count me in for the second Sunday of January!
Glad to hear you are new and coming next month, bummer about this month but no worries. I will post a summary of the meeting today and some of the plans we decide on for trips. We won’t have the whole year booked out yet, but hopefully the next couple of months. See you then

PapaDave

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello everyone! Wow great meet up today, I am truly grateful that each of you made time to make it out and start this off right. For those who couldn’t make it January 12th is our next meeting, come!

By a show of hands it looked like the majority of people preferred weekend trips to start, and again by a show of hands most people could either take a Friday off or manage a noon Friday departure timeframe. We discussed a couple options for a first winter trip along the coast and I think a southern trip down near Big Sur would be a lot of fun. So plan on January 31-Feb 2nd down to the Prewitt Ridge and Indian Hills Area, it’s south of Monterey and north of Cambria. More details to come, but the drive is beautiful both on the pavement and the coastal ridge trail boasts some amazing ocean views from high up depending upon weather. Being a winter trip we will have an adventure for sure, so come prepared :)

@Budman aka Larry was kind enough to take some notes from our meeting.

12-8-19
Notes from the Tri-Valley meet up / Gay 90's Pizza.
  • Meet and greet, member introduction
  • Trip Idea’s shared, Ham certification recommended, minimum gear required for trips and adventures
  • January 31st - Coastal Trip Ideas
  • Prewitt Ridge / Usal Beach / Fern Ridge
  • Rig Walk about
Next meeting Jan 12 2020

C1AC1CDF-DF9F-48A5-85AE-91A6695ED2F5.jpeg

06tacodude

Rank II

Contributor III

Santa Clara, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6GLP
Hello everyone! Wow great meet up today, I am truly grateful that each of you made time to make it out and start this off right. For those who couldn’t make it January 12th is our next meeting, come!

By a show of hands it looked like the majority of people preferred weekend trips to start, and again by a show of hands most people could either take a Friday off or manage a noon Friday departure timeframe. We discussed a couple options for a first winter trip along the coast and I think a southern trip down near Big Sur would be a lot of fun. So plan on January 31-Feb 2nd down to the Prewitt Ridge and Indian Hills Area, it’s south of Monterey and north of Cambria. More details to come, but the drive is beautiful both on the pavement and the coastal ridge trail boasts some amazing ocean views from high up depending upon weather. Being a winter trip we will have an adventure for sure, so come prepared :)

@Budman aka Larry was kind enough to take some notes from our meeting.

12-8-19
Notes from the Tri-Valley meet up / Gay 90's Pizza.
  • Meet and greet, member introduction
  • Trip Idea’s shared, Ham certification recommended, minimum gear required for trips and adventures
  • January 31st - Coastal Trip Ideas
  • Prewitt Ridge / Usal Beach / Fern Ridge
  • Rig Walk about
Next meeting Jan 12 2020

View attachment 130253
Glad to meet everyone today. Thanks for setting this up @PapaDave.

I'm down for the January planned trip.
I have been to Prewitt Ridge, but not Indian Hills area. I've driven from the HWY1/Los Burros Rd heading north connecting to the South Ridge Rd to Prewitt Ridge and then north heading out to Naciemento Fergusson Rd.
Was also at Usal Beach on my last trip and looking forward to exploring more of the area.

Got the HAM Technician test scheduled for this Tuesday evening in Fremont.

PapaDave

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
I'm also interested in notes from this part of the meeting. Would appreciate extra time to get situated before the January 12th get together if necessary.
I’ll put out the minimum gear list later today that we talked about yesterday. In a couple days we will have the Rally Point invite up and active

BCMoto

Rank III

Enthusiast I

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Hello all, sorry I missed out on yesterdays meet as I was stuck working on the truck. I hope to make the next one. I hope to see some full size rigs too

Reactions: PapaDave

Bucket_Head_57

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6ZZT
Hello from the central valley.

I am hoping to get in on the coastal trip. Papa Dave is a great guy and really knows how to organize some amazing trips. I am only kissing up because this trip sounds awesome! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: PapaDave