US West Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

rho

Rank V

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham Callsign
AG6YB
See everyone tomorrow 1-3pm April 11th at the lot of Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park to discuss first aid out on the trail.

I just got back from pre-running our Death Valley route for early November, and let me tell you it’s gonna be EPIC!

See you SundayView attachment 194296
Bummed to miss this meeting because first aid is something I don't know as much as I'd like... But I had a pretty epic CA to Moab Trip so it works out I suppose.

I'll have to bug you for the Nov DV route so I can plot out bypasses to hard stuff if Alix chooses to come along again.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Bummed to miss this meeting because first aid is something I don't know as much as I'd like... But I had a pretty epic CA to Moab Trip so it works out I suppose.

I'll have to bug you for the Nov DV route so I can plot out bypasses to hard stuff if Alix chooses to come along again.
Trona Pinnacles camp, Manley pass to Mengel Pass camp at Warm Springs, tourist stuff like bad water basin to echo canyon, over near Beatty to camp, Titus canyon to Ubehebe crater south to Teakettle and camp at Ubehebe Talc Mine, Hunter Mountain to Saline valley road and out

Reactions: rho

rho

Rank V

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham Callsign
AG6YB
Trona Pinnacles camp, Manley pass to Mengel Pass camp at Warm Springs, tourist stuff like bad water basin to echo canyon, over near Beatty to camp, Titus canyon to Ubehebe crater south to Teakettle and camp at Ubehebe Talc Mine, Hunter Mountain to Saline valley road and out
Oh cool! That'll be a super fun (and fairly mellow) DV trip! I last did a bunch of those trails in 2018 and it'd be awesome to go back to em.

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Oh cool! That'll be a super fun (and fairly mellow) DV trip! I last did a bunch of those trails in 2018 and it'd be awesome to go back to em.
Yeah not too bad. Mengel has a decent descent down a rock garden that will be challenging to some and the 10 foot climb up the waterfall on Echo Canyon will require spotting, the rest is not bad at all.

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
To all those going on the Mojave Road Trail Clean Up I hope you have a blast!! I know some people are heading down Thursday and some on Friday a little late. If anyone wants to caravan post here and see if you can meet up.
Otherwise drive safe, have a fun time, and thank you for the service keeping our parks clean!

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
FRANK RAINES OHV DAY MAY 8TH

We are doing a training day the Saturday BEFORE our normal second Sunday meeting May 9th. BUT May 9th is Mother’s Day so we are NOT meeting. Frank Raines OHV Park has camping available first come first serve, so we can grab some spots for Friday May 7th. Campsites are $30, 2 vehicles and 8 people are allowed per site with some restrictions.

Frank Raines OHV Park
May 8th, 2021
9am—3pm or whenever you want to head home. Bring lunch
17802 Del Puerto Canyon Rd,
Patterson CA 95363

If you’d like to camp Friday May 7th in an actual camp spot, you can reserve in advance.

They also have disperse camping that is first come first serve and is not available for advance reservations, you basically roll up and grab what you can.

(Hollister Hills is partially closed this weekend due to a large 4 wheel event)
B13DEAC9-1322-4098-9A41-47CF6ED323E0.jpeg

Last edited:

Chief Brody

Rank III
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6POR
Rally Point is up for May 8th, there is an option to camp Friday May 7th if you like!

Sweet. Looking forward to this. Not sure if we can make the camping night before, the Mrs. is going to check with work tomorrow. Can't wait to put the 4Runner through the paces. Still stock, though sliders are on the way (eventually). We did an easy christening up near Clear Lake last weekend (Bartlett Springs) and are looking for a one day overnight near Placerville for next weekend (if anyone has some recommendations). Cheers. B

Reactions: Ray O and PapaDave

Overlandenthusiast

Rank IV

Member III

Belmont, California, USA
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

Reactions: Ray O

rho

Rank V

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham Callsign
AG6YB
I have a gig that Sat so its doubtful Alix or I would be able to make it... I'm a bit bummed, I was hoping to see y'all out there!

Fireskyte

Rank I
Adventure

Member I

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

Dang I won’t make this... just shy of 2 hour drive and I can’t get out of previous plans. Would really have loved to be there.