US West Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
For May the second Sunday is Mother’s Day and we ARE NOT meeting. But the following Saturday is May 15th and I’m working on an OHV day with possible camping. I cannot get the group camp site at Hollister Hills so I’m looking at a couple of other options. I’ll keep everyone updated

PapaDave

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
April 11th Meet Up Info
FIRST AID TALK

We will be discussing what makes a good first aid pack and scene safety when out on the trail. Chris will be our guest presenter, you might know him from a number of videos with Michael and his amazing Camel Trophy truck on Instagram. Chris is a trauma surgeon who works in the Bay Area.

You do not want to miss this meet up!

Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park
April 11th, 1-3pm
Bring your rig, a chair, and lunch

29128298-1A2D-4312-927F-0C19989FD6C6.jpeg

Last edited:

Overlandenthusiast

Rank IV

Traveler III

Belmont, California, USA
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

April 11th Meet Up Info
FIRST AID TALK

We will be discussing what makes a good first aid pack and scene safety when out on the trail. Chris will be our guest presenter, you might know him from a number of videos with Michael and his amazing Camel Trophy truck on Instagram. Chris is a trauma surgeon who works in the Bay Area.

April 11th, 1-3pm
Bring your rig, a chair, and lunch

View attachment 192556

This is important information. See you all there. Thanks Dave!

PapaDave

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
See everyone tomorrow 1-3pm April 11th at the lot of Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park to discuss first aid out on the trail.

I just got back from pre-running our Death Valley route for early November, and let me tell you it’s gonna be EPIC!

See you SundayD87895F5-C4FC-4122-9564-1A73DE62AAAC.jpeg

PapaDave

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey great meet up today! We had a great turn out and a ton of great info from Chris about dealing with different levels of injuries out on the trail. Again hats off for his time and effort!
Thanks for all the great conversations!82577362-859F-46F8-A089-4A1F6CB82EBA.jpegC593FFBF-DF69-4CF5-B903-0DF1A9CF9158.jpegC70815FB-E4BE-4124-AF98-D1ED3BDD9DDE.jpeg49C7F92F-6CFE-4E81-9A08-23CA168DF654.jpeg

Roger 2486

Rank I
OB1

Contributor II

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Hey great meet up today! We had a great turn out and a ton of great info from Chris about dealing with different levels of injuries out on the trail. Again hats off for his time and effort!
Thanks for all the great conversations!View attachment 194492View attachment 194493View attachment 194494View attachment 194495
Great meeting and many thanks to Dr. Chris for his excellent presentation and information! We really enjoyed the meet up, and camaraderie of all. A great afternoon for sure!
Thanks for all the great conversations!View attachment 194492View attachment 194493View attachment 194494View attachment 194495

Pindal

Rank V

Traveler II

California
Member #

Congratulations on the initiative. This information should be almost mandatory for everyone who wants to do overland, off road, long walks, etc. We hope to go to the next one.

Reactions: PapaDave

EShep

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Martinez, CA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

IMPORTANT—PLEASE READ
On this post:
1—Current monthly info at a glance
2—Yearly calendar plan at the bottom of this post (keep scrolling down)

APRIL 2021 AT A GLANCE
FIRST AID TALK
On April 11th we will be discussing what makes a good first aid pack and scene safety when out on the trail. Chris will be our guest presenter, you might know him from a number of videos with Michael and his amazing Camel Trophy truck on Instagram. Chris is a trauma surgeon who works in the Bay Area.

April 11th, 1-3pm
Bring a chair and lunch
View attachment 192564

Map of the lot at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586
View attachment 185071

2021 YEARLY CALENDAR PLAN*

I have talked to a large number of our bay area members and the consensus is most people can take a Friday off if they know about the date in advance. The benefit to leaving early Friday is we can drive a little further and get onto the trail to tackle some great trips over a weekend. Longer trips like Death Valley and Anza Borrego might need additional days, but the goal is weekend trips that most people can attend. Throughout the year there will be varying levels of difficulty so pick one that suits you best. Rally Points for each trip will be posted about a month in advance, not before then.
________________________________________________________________________________________

February 19-21st Lost Coast Trip to Usal Beach, Avenue of the Giants, Fern Canyon (EASY)

March 13th Mormon Emmigrant Trail Snow day, IF there’s snow

April 23-25th Mojave Road Trail Clean Up (EASY)

May 15th OHV training day with camping-TBD

June 24-26th Bear Lake 39.04918 -120.22813, weekend by the lake, Thursday arrival due to increased weekend use (EASY WITH OPTIONS FOR DIFFICULT) we take the easy portion of the Rubicon to the lake, but more difficult sections are close

July 16-18th Bodie Ghost town and Copper Mountain (EASY)

August 27-29th Funnel Lakes area (MODERATE)

September 23-26th Overland Expo West, Flagstaff AZ

October 21-24th Death Valley (MODERATE TO DIFFICULT)

December 2-5th Anza Borrego (MODERATE)

*subject to change and local COVID guidelines
Got a trip idea? Let me know.
Hello,
I’m new to this site/app, and off-roading. It looks like I just missed one of your meetups on Apr. 11. I do see, however, that there is an OHV trip planned for May 15. Would I look for the details of that trip in the Rally Point section?

I’ll admit that this is a little intimidating. I love to camp but haven’t done much overlanding to get there. I also not sure how capable my vehicle is compared to where everyone goes, but am up for adventure. I have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

I look forward to your advice and input.

Thank you.

TrailHawkGuy

Rank III

Traveler II

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6GTZ
IMPORTANT—PLEASE READ
On this post:
1—Current monthly info at a glance
2—Yearly calendar plan at the bottom of this post (keep scrolling down)

APRIL 2021 AT A GLANCE
FIRST AID TALK
On April 11th we will be discussing what makes a good first aid pack and scene safety when out on the trail. Chris will be our guest presenter, you might know him from a number of videos with Michael and his amazing Camel Trophy truck on Instagram. Chris is a trauma surgeon who works in the Bay Area.

April 11th, 1-3pm
Bring a chair and lunch
View attachment 192564

Map of the lot at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586
View attachment 185071

2021 YEARLY CALENDAR PLAN*

I have talked to a large number of our bay area members and the consensus is most people can take a Friday off if they know about the date in advance. The benefit to leaving early Friday is we can drive a little further and get onto the trail to tackle some great trips over a weekend. Longer trips like Death Valley and Anza Borrego might need additional days, but the goal is weekend trips that most people can attend. Throughout the year there will be varying levels of difficulty so pick one that suits you best. Rally Points for each trip will be posted about a month in advance, not before then.
________________________________________________________________________________________

February 19-21st Lost Coast Trip to Usal Beach, Avenue of the Giants, Fern Canyon (EASY)

March 13th Mormon Emmigrant Trail Snow day, IF there’s snow

April 23-25th Mojave Road Trail Clean Up (EASY)

May 15th OHV training day with camping-TBD

June 24-26th Bear Lake 39.04918 -120.22813, weekend by the lake, Thursday arrival due to increased weekend use (EASY WITH OPTIONS FOR DIFFICULT) we take the easy portion of the Rubicon to the lake, but more difficult sections are close

July 16-18th Bodie Ghost town and Copper Mountain (EASY)

August 27-29th Funnel Lakes area (MODERATE)

September 23-26th Overland Expo West, Flagstaff AZ

October 21-24th Death Valley (MODERATE TO DIFFICULT)

December 2-5th Anza Borrego (MODERATE)

*subject to change and local COVID guidelines
Got a trip idea? Let me know.
Hello,
I’m new to this site/app, and off-roading. It looks like I just missed one of your meetups on Apr. 11. I do see, however, that there is an OHV trip planned for May 15. Would I look for the details of that trip in the Rally Point section?

I’ll admit that this is a little intimidating. I love to camp but haven’t done much overlanding to get there. I also not sure how capable my vehicle is compared to where everyone goes, but am up for adventure. I have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

I look forward to your advice and input.

Thank you.
Hi @EShep welcome to our corner of Overlandbound - rest assured your GC Trailhawk is plenty capable - trust me ;) - looking forward to see you out on one of the upcoming trips / meetups.

EShep

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Martinez, CA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Thank you. Can you tell me the best way to join the adventures? Should it be a meetup, or join a Rally Point? Where do you suggest I start?

Thank you.

PapaDave

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Thank you. Can you tell me the best way to join the adventures? Should it be a meetup, or join a Rally Point? Where do you suggest I start?

Thank you.
Hi @PapaDave,

This is Teja, I’m new to overland bound community and I’m interested in upcoming May 15th OHV training and camping event. How do I get in line or join for that event?
So the best way to start is come to a monthly meet up, we just met and reviewed first aid tips. The second Sunday in May is Mother’s Day so we will be changing the meet up day because of this. We might pivot to May 8th due to weekend availability at the local OHV parks. Our goal though is to get out and flex our rigs and do some hands on learning.

I usually don’t post rally points till about one month out because they fill up usually within a couple hours. When I do post it I list it in advance here first. Glad you guys are here, it’s a great group of people, no egos, just adventurers.

Teja

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Fremont, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Teja
Last Name
M
Member #

Thank you.
Hi @PapaDave,

This is Teja, I’m new to overland bound community and I’m interested in upcoming May 15th OHV training and camping event. How do I get in line or join for that event?
So the best way to start is come to a monthly meet up, we just met and reviewed first aid tips. The second Sunday in May is Mother’s Day so we will be changing the meet up day because of this. We might pivot to May 8th due to weekend availability at the local OHV parks. Our goal though is to get out and flex our rigs and do some hands on learning.

I usually don’t post rally points till about one month out because they fill up usually within a couple hours. When I do post it I list it in advance here first. Glad you guys are here, it’s a great group of people, no egos, just adventurers.
Thanks @PapaDave! Looking forward to meet all the great folks in the group. Adventure is necessary!

EShep

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Martinez, CA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Thanks PapaDave. I live in Martinez and am familiar with Diablo 4 Wheelers. I noticed on their schedule that their was something planned May 8th at Hollister Hills, but not sure camping is aloud yet. Is this an area you are considering?

PapaDave

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Thanks PapaDave. I live in Martinez and am familiar with Diablo 4 Wheelers. I noticed on their schedule that their was something planned May 8th at Hollister Hills, but not sure camping is aloud yet. Is this an area you are considering?
Yeah they have a big group there, another group has the weekend after, so thinking about Frank Raines possibly. Camping seems to be limited everywhere and they can’t guarantee everyone gets a spot which makes group planning hard. So I’ll get more info and keep everyone updated